Graphic card fitting

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you can recommend a good computer shop that i can take my PC to and have a graphic card fitted,plus i need to buy one from there too, thanks for your help.

Buy it online and do it yourself....its not a particularly complex job. Just requires a little patience and watching a couple of how-to videos. It'll be a ton cheaper too

First I would ask..

What Graphics card do you already have?

Then and why do you want an upgrade?

Following on from what Ghozer said we don't know how old the computer is/make/brand - if AGP you are going to struggle to find a replacement/upgrade.

not only that - depends on psu as well

hi all,thank you for your reply's, im not very good with fitting computers but i suppose ive never really tried,just stayed away,its a fairly new tower and only want to get better graphics out of a few games,not a pure gaming machine as its my work computer too,i was going to buy the new sim city but though i better not as it might not work,ill get a card and try and fit it myself,any ideas on a good solid one to get? or is that too random?

thank you

---------- Post added 23-08-2013 at 09:26 ----------

o yes my specs are:

processor-intel pentium cpu g630 2.70ghz

---------- Post added 23-08-2013 at 09:26 ----------

memory 4gb, 64 bit system, not great but good for what i use it for really

So, you're on a socket 1155 CPU, you have PCI Express for your graphics card requirements (You won't have an older AGP socket). How big is your monotor and what's its native resolution? What's your budget and are you okay with shopping online?

no idea what the first line meant ;) i have a 38" tv as my monitor, budget i guess would be under £100 if possible,yeh im good online as long as i know what im looking for, thanks

Okay, just as a quick look the Nvidia Geforce 650 TI's are currently the best value bang-for-buck around that price range. Most of them are small cards with small coolers. A bigger cooler with larger/multiple fans should be able to keep the card cooler and should be a lot quieter. If this isn't a bother to you then you should be able to pick something up for around £90-£100.

Stretching that budget a little, Ebuyer has this Direct CU version GTX 650 TI which performs slightly better than their non Direct CU version. (Click here for a very basic comparison.) It's a few quid over your £100 budget, but because of the better cooling/performance, I feel it should be worth it. If you want that one though then better be quick as that's the last one according to stock.

*edit* just noticed, as has already been said - you'd also be best checking what your current PSU (Power Supply Unit) is rated as - you're dropping another system component into your machine that is going to draw a lot more power than the on-board graphics that you're probably currently using. You need to make sure that your PSU is rated highly enough to be able to deliver the additional power required to properly power the system/card.

Edited by ShefStealth
afterthought

You should be able to get an add-in graphics card that is better than on-board graphics for about £40-50.

A couple of examples are...

http://www.ebuyer.com/451886-msi-gt-630-2gb-ddr3-vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-n630gt-md2gd3

and

http://www.ebuyer.com/507106-evga-nvidia-gt-610-passive-810mhz-1000mhz-1024mb-64-bit-ddr3-vga-hdmi-01g-p3-2613-kr

if you want something quiet and low power consumption. Both are more than capable of giving full hd output on your tv monitor.

thanks for your help,will check those and will give them a call as i got my computer off them and try and give it a go with it all and see how i get on with it,

thanks

thanks for your help,will check those and will give them a call as i got my computer off them and try and give it a go with it all and see how i get on with it,

thanks

Depending where you are if you think that you either can't do it or want someone there to watch in case you make a mistake I could pop over

I live in Stannington and if you're close free (I like coffee lol)

I could still do it if you live far away but wouldn't say no to a bit of fuel