Toxic pond Hillsborough, Please do not move to pets section

The council would do better to actually clean the pond out in order that water could flow freely out of the overflow thus allowing the water to be oxygenated. The overflow is continually clogged with leaves and debris.

The pond becomes increasingly silted year after year, it needs draining and digging out or it will not be a pond for much longer...........more of a silted up bog.

Over the years the pond has provided a great deal of recreation to park users, sadly the councils neglect will mean it wont be able to continue to do so for much longer.

I would like to add here that Blue-Green Algae is toxic and dangerous to humans, as well as animals.

I can't be doing with trolls - this is a genuine warning that may save a dog or little kid.

I was not aware that the 'status' of the pond had changed - my dog has had a sneaky sip before with no ill effects, he is a dog after all and I would rather him have a strong immune system then sheltering him from seemingly innocent pond water, after all there are duck in the pond, right?

I usually carry water with me on this occasion he had a sneaky drink while I was feeding the ducks some leftover bread.

I feel guilty enough as it is for taking my eye off the ball, so to speak for a second and causing him so much misery.

If I can spare someone else the experience, shoot me, next time it could be a toddler!!

sod the trolls tbh...this is serious and im surprised nothing has been done...years ago and i mean +20yrs my mate aged 18 was thrown in that pond by a gang of bully girls acting hard...i did laugh cos when she came up she looked like something from swamp thing- my laugh was soon wiped off when she was rushed to hospital to have her stomach pumped as she swallowed the water- she was seriosuly ill for a while----that was 20yrs ago...cant imagine what it would do to a toddler.

---------- Post added 24-08-2013 at 18:22 ----------

I thought they sold the pond..or was for sale but done some searching and it is still ran by the council..

http://www.sheffieldhelpyourself.org.uk/full_search_new.asp?group=18466

thought id post it so if anyone wants to rant and rave about who to complain to...you can.