Christmas Day Meal Suggestions 2013 MegaThread

This year my family will only get to spend Christmas Day together. Everyone has travel plans following the big day so I thought it might be easier to eat out than buy food that might end up wasted. Can anyone suggest a good venue. We live in the Carterknowle Rd area so a couple of miles radius of here would be good.:)

Surely if only one day together, spend it at home and do a lovely meal; will be nicer, better & cheaper.

Mod Note:

Please do not create duplicate threads. Please use our handy search function, found to the left of your screen, or use the pre-populated drop downs that suggest related threads when you create a new post.

Thank you.

Edited by alternageek

Surely if only one day together, spend it at home and do a lovely meal; will be nicer, better & cheaper.

Your right of course. All three of our kids love cooking and nothing we get served would match up to what they can cook. My main problem is I am a compulsive shopper and won't be able to stop myself buying too much. Maybe if hubby does the shopping at least it will be mainly booze and chocs he will get so no waste there:D

Xmas should always be worth the effort to stay at home and cook a good meal and save money...............too easy to go out and spend!

How patronising. I can appreciate wanting to go out for lunch and not have the added stress of cooking/washing up with 2 small children. You do whatever suits your family and enjoy :)

The last two meals have had at the Rising Sun (Abbey Lane) were not much to write home about. In fact my friend had to send her pudding back it was so awful. I wouldn't bother.................

Yes, I agree, just basic fried food, the old Ember Inn group has taken a turn for the worse these past two years.

We decided to served our festive menu on Christmas Day (or even Boxing Day) as well.

Homemade cooked 3 course meal with coffee and mince pie for£19.95 (£7.95 for child) .

http://www.theoldqueenshead.co.uk/files/christmasmenu.pdf

Booking required.

That is a fantastic offer!