Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

i use to go to top rank on a tuesday night and in the same week i went on a saturday night good old days got me thinking now ha ha

The best thing about roxys was u could walk round and garentee youd see someone you knew i swore blind id never marry a bloke i met in a club lol met my hubby there best thing i ever did someone was telling me that roxys is opening again just for one night dont know if its true or not i loved roxys had some good nights in there mind u most places where good in 80s
The one night only doesn't want to be on a thursday, the majority of us aren't able to climb steps any more.:D

The best thing about roxys was u could walk round and garentee youd see someone you knew i swore blind id never marry a bloke i met in a club lol met my hubby there best thing i ever did someone was telling me that roxys is opening again just for one night dont know if its true or not i loved roxys had some good nights in there mind u most places where good in 80s

....TRUE !!!! - NOV 13 ,2010 - see post 353

ticket details here -

http://www.o2academysheffield.co.uk/event/16465/roxy-s-of-sheffield-tickets/Details

Edited by bracken

Ii Never Went There But Its In All My Dads Storys Lol He Loveeed Dnt No If Any 1 Can Rember Him Steve Wright ?..

YES it is very true the O2 academy Sheffield will once again be opening it's door's as the ROXY nightclub... 13th November 2010.. Tickets available from the O2 box office or online via the link below..Tickets are a tenner and well worth it Stevie G...

http://www.o2academysheffield.co.uk/event/16465/roxy-s-of-sheffield-tickets

Is that alright feryuz...............

My brother met his wife in roxys prob round 88 I went later 94-96 ish not sure I went much once it was actually legal for me to attend!we used to love it lots of fun memories. I do remember altering clothes with a friend in odeon after been stopped when I was bout 17 and going back a bit later and gettin in the funny thing was I went from been 14! But that said didn t look overly young like some used to go in vault first for pound a drink very classy lol dancing on tables was allowed then these days you d be chucked out.

A group of us used to go when the capital nightclub closed down about 1999. Roxy's is the place i met my partner, still together 11 years and 2 daughters later!!

When did Roxy`s close?

I used to go in the early `90s after working at the Hen and Chickens on a Saturday night, with some of the staff, one of whom I married!

My mom worked at Hen & Chicks for about 20 years - Jackie, do u remember her

i met my wife in roxy's in 1984,i was supposed to be going to romeo's that night..........lifes a bitch innit :)

me too , back in 92,always say it was the most expensive night out i ever had!:hihi: