Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

just seen smiley post yes i have fond memories of both the top rank and fiesta i have seen some great stars at the fiesta edwin starr,chairman of the board also had some good nights at the heartbeat

My husband says he remembers it well - getting thrown out down the ramp.!!!!!!

when barry noble first opened it they was giving beer away. It was something like 30 p a pint, it was cheap but crap. I remember one night malibu was 30 p a shot everyone was slaughtered (especially me). Ah the good old days.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Did anyone ever meet their girl/boyfriend at Roxy's (or Cairo's)?

Met my first husband in Roxys - Was at a Nurses ball in Nov 1979 altho neither of us were nurses - I was stood at bottom of stairs and as he came down he poured his drink on my head - and we were inseperable for the next eight years!!!! Loved Roxys but does anyone remember it being called Steeleys????

one of my earliest memories was seeing a couple at it under the stairs. i thought wow is this what night clubbings all about! it wernt. it never happened to me. ****!!!

There's some pictures of the place at sheffieldhistory.co.uk

brings the memories of grab a granny night flooding back

lol

call it what you want.from being top rank, steeleys or roxys many people of sheffield have fond memories of the place.

Roxys was fantastic

The balcony was where it was at - looking down on the dancers

i had some good nites out in roxys miss the place now tho i always remember the small bouncer that everyone went 4 and lost out to him

I only have memories of this place from roughly about 1996/7 (yes I was 16 and, yes they let me in woohoo - not as if it was hard though..) I suppose it was ok, just the carpet was real sticky and it, er..smelled.

But, for a 16 year old, it was a top night!

In my time it was called steeleys, late seventies, end of clam rock and the start of disco shortly followed by punk rock.

I can remember being on the huge dance floor with everybody doing a pogo and thinking the floor was going to collapse and swallow us all.

A few years later when I was more “sophisticated” and dating it was definitely Romeo and Juliet’s, the place for couples rather than “pulling”.

Crazy Daisy was good for a night out with the lads as was the Bier Keller followed by the little club upstairs next door, was it called scamps, failing that there was always Max-a-millions.