Videos too big to send?

Hi,

Ive taken 2 videos on my iphone. 1 is less than 1 minute and the other is just over a minute.

I have put them on my laptop and tried to email them someone but it says files to large (also wouldn't let me email them from my iphone as it said it as too big a file).

They are wmv. files now and The files sizes are 65mb and 162mb.

How can I email them?

I don't understand technical jargon or compressing so please do dummy explanations, many thanks in advance.

Just upload them to a file sharing site and give "someone" the link. Mediafire is free.

Lots of Email providers limit the file size you can send...

Hotmail was 2.5mb last I knew, Gmail was something like 25mb...

Do as above, upload to DropBox, or some file sharing site, and give whoever the link to download them, you can then delete them once you know they have got them...

Thanks for the replies but I actually want to be able to email the files not share a link. Is there a way?

Why ?

If there is a solution it will be a far longer process than the ones we've suggested.

Get with the times, bro. :)

Why ?

If there is a solution it will be a far longer process than the ones we've suggested.

Get with the times, bro. :)

I think its stupid to be honest you cant send such a short video of less than 60 seconds. The 'times' seem very strange. I want to send it to people who can click and view!

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 01:35 ----------

Also I want to upload to a website which the files need to be 100mb or smaller.

I think its stupid to be honest you cant send such a short video of less than 60 seconds. The 'times' seem very strange. I want to send it to people who can click and view!

Well you can't, so see posts 2&3. :P

Or.......you could up it to Youtube.

You want an experienced virgin. Not happening. :D

Email is not designed to cope with sending big files - and doesn't do it very well.

Uploading your videos to a file sharing site and then email the links to the recipients is the way to do this task, and will be quicker and easier for everyone.

and easier for everyone.

I've a fear that wont be the case, for us. :D

Charlie. You aren't gonna get better advice. :hihi:

That's fine for one of the emails.

However like I said one website you chose the file and click 'upload' but it has to be smaller than 100mb and its a popular site used by thousands of video uses so how does everyone else get round uploading normal videos? these are soooo short in comparison :/

I remember the panic in my office a few years back when some new graphic designer decided to send out a 180MB proof to our shared email inbox (he didn't know the person's direct email). 25 PC's all decided within a minute of each other to go and download the file over our single 512k ADSL line...

ETA: You can upload private videos to Youtube, which aren't searchable and are only available to those who have the direct link - this should work in your case.

That's fine for one of the emails.

However like I said one website you chose the file and click 'upload' but it has to be smaller than 100mb and its a popular site used by thousands of video uses so how does everyone else get round uploading normal videos? these are soooo short in comparison :/

You have the answer, you're choosing to ignore it.