How to get out of a parking ticket wrongly issued by Sheffield Council

The road at the back of the Town hall,they were working building the new building next to the Town hall,yes the first letter I sent they said that I was responsible and would have to pay it,I wasn't satisfied with that and I sent another letter to them, they said if I disputed it again it would have to go to court and I would be responsible for all costs if I lost the case.basically they took it to court for nonpayment of the fine this was in 20005.Parked at the end of Norfolk street.I think it was a temporary car park at the time.

Edited by Shogun

Your story is shot through with factual inaccuracy:

• There is no car park on Surry Street
  • Parking appeals aren't dealth with by Courts, it is the Traffic Penalty Tribunal which is a lot different to a Court
  • If a motorist appealed to the TPT, they would not have to pay any costs if they lost. The only cost to them is that they can't pay the fine at the discounted rate if they lose.

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 12:13 ----------

CEO's don't need to take photos on phones, the handheld terminals they use have cameras in them. The CEO's can't alter anything on he handheld device, everything is logged when it is downloaded by their supervisor at the end of the shift.

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 12:16 ----------

As I have said before, I post on here in my own time, I do not do so on behalf of my employer or any other organisation adn posting on here is most certainly not part of my job.

They take photos with blackberrys, ive seen them myself.

What is the alleged contravention and exactly where was the vehicle parked? The restrictions are v complicated there.

The road at the back of the Town hall,they were working building the new building next to the Town hall,yes the first letter I sent they said that I was responsible and would have to pay it,I wasn't satisfied with that and I sent another letter to them, they said if I disputed it again it would have to go to court and I would be responsible for all costs if I lost the case.basically they took it to court for nonpayment of the fine this was in 20005.Parked at the end of Norfolk street.I think it was a temporary car park at the time.

You've got to love how thorough some people are on here with people's posts, I bet its like being in Court or the TPT again! ;)

I had a ticket and it blew upside down as i closed door even though i was still in time by 40 mins i got a ticket i told em i wasnt paying it there tickets should be sticky also they could see on there cameras wen i come and left or checked issue number on ticket and that id rather go to court as ticket was valid they dropped it

They take photos with blackberrys, ive seen them myself.

Only when their handheld terminal isn't working, so, it happens, but rarely.

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 20:36 ----------

Yes, decriminalised parking was implemented in April 2005, so it would have been before then. At that time you went to magistrates court if you disputed a fine.

contest, you will be wrong but they'll recede it this time is by favourite one,

I once went to Town to pay my rates I parked in the pay and display parking in surry street.when I had finished my business with the council I came back to my van and one of the workmen had parked a road roller at the top of the car park,being in a long van I just could not get out of the parking space for the roller,the workmen were working up the road so I wandered off to try and find someone to come and move the roller.when I jot back to the car park the guy moved the roller,when I got in my van there was a parking ticket on the windscreen, I had only been gone for about ten minutes,I contested the ticket and sent a letter to the council.it took them something like Six months to get back to me,I had to go to court in the end, the council said if I was unsuccessful I would have to pay all the court and the councils costs,the case was found in favour of myself in fact the court had a go at the council for wasting time they even advised me to send a bill into them for my loss of earnings and expenses..

The lesson here is NEVER park on street or in a council controlled car park .................. park in Staples at the bottom of the Moor ....... its FREE to park all day .

Im seeing a council parking attendant. Shes yummy! I met her when she incorrectly issued me a ticket but she didnt want to admit it at first. Anyway after a few words from the love doctor she was putty in me hands i tell ya and binned the ticket.

True story ;)

the only female parking attendants i have ever seen look like butch lesbians.

you really must raise your standards!

The lesson here is NEVER park on street or in a council controlled car park .................. park in Staples at the bottom of the Moor ....... its FREE to park all day .

Just to confirm, it's only free to park for ONE HOUR, not all day. It is attended, and you will get a ticket if you park for longer than the hour - I know from experience when I didn't read the notice and parked for longer than I should have!

Aside from that, it is a great place to park if you only need to pop into town for a quick errand =)

Just to confirm, it's only free to park for ONE HOUR, not all day. It is attended, and you will get a ticket if you park for longer than the hour - I know from experience when I didn't read the notice and parked for longer than I should have!

Aside from that, it is a great place to park if you only need to pop into town for a quick errand =)

You actually get an invoice that is made to look as though it's an enforceable ticket. They are issued by a company employed to patrol the car park and not council traffic wardens. If you paid it then you obviously weren't aware you needn't have done so, but we are now digressing from the original thread :)

If the warden issues a ticket with wrong colour of car stated, is the ticket valid?