Death traps in the woods

just a little rant , after years of riding in woods all over sheffield it seems to be getting popular again to put branches ,tree trunks , rocks etc etc on the single tracks,paths etc . seems as though they want to stop something but i cant believe no one has been seriously hurt with these actions.

if somebody did get hurt or died do we think the said person who put them there would come forward ,mmm.:rant:

not got a clue but just think its very irresponsible but i think them that do it can somehow justify it . ?????

Is it anything to do with the increase in motorbikes using the woods as a racetrack?

It's easy....

Slow down and circumnavigate such obstacles, afterall "The woods" are by definition going to be harder to pass than the sodding footpaths where many cyclists feel they need to ride (whilst mowing down people who are unsuspectingly walking out of their own gate, expecting the worst hazard to be another pedestrian)

If you want to ride bikes, then either ride on the road or put up with the hazards in other places.

simples.

......... after years of riding in woods .........

Cycling?

Motorcycling?

Horseriding?

or?

cycling,i do try to be polite and courteous to other users .

alot of these obstacles are positioned just after a blind turn etc .

does it make it ok to cause harm to people !

yeah i believe they are but it doesnt make it right . what would happen if someone got killed ??

So.

In a wood where branches could fall, naturally, at any time, you choose to ride in a fashion that means you can come across an obstruction at a speed which can lead to an accident.

It is no different to driving a car.

Ride at a speed that is safe according to what you can see and the prevailing conditions.

yeah i believe they are but it doesnt make it right . what would happen if someone got killed ??

They would die. If they were reincarnated they would be less of a total dick next time hopefully.

They would die. If they were reincarnated they would be less of a total dick next time hopefully.

Lets hope the cretin placing these objects in the paths dies pretty soon and is reincarnated as less of a dick too.