Installing software on Mac HDD instead of SDD

Any ideas? I'm new to macs and I have a 50gb SSD and 500gb HDD, when trying to install a programme that requires 60gb it keeps saying MUST be installed on drive with OSX, which is the 50gb, obviously not big enough...arghhh, have searched on google but struggling.

anyone have any ideas? ta!

Not a Mac user but if you give the name of the prog someone may have had the same problem with it

It's Logic Pro for music production, still trying to find my way around so maybe something simple i'm missing

Logic will have to be on the same drive as the system OSX because it'll need to install various other things in preference folders etc so there's no way around it.

Best way to work is having all your programmes on the system drive but having the work folder on a separate drive.

That is what I thought but as I said I am not a Mac user so it could be 180% away from what it is

If your Mac has a thunderbolt port you could in theory clone your internal SSD onto an external thunderbolt drive and bootup from that to install and work with logic, but its not ideal (it will also work with USB,FW400 & 800 but will be slooow).

If its an option and doesn't void any warranty I'd put in a bigger SSD.

You should be able to install the Main software files onto the SSD and then all the content (sample files and such) which take up the room on the 500gb...best thing to do is see about making an appointment with the Genius Bar in Meadowhall, they will be able to help with things like that

Only problem is its not physical media, its app store only for Pro X

but then again they haven't mentioned which version they have, the fully loaded new version is only 37gig.

My version of logic 9 is 7gig for program and apps and an additional 39gig for optional content (which can be put on a separate drive)

Which version is it MTheo?

Thanks guys, will try to get a look at it tomorrow night and figure something out and post my findings, just seems stupid compared to what i'm used to (basically install wherever you want).