Urgh cafe in graves park

Had a lovely morning at the farm and park with my rwo young kids and popped into the cafe around 10.30am for a drink and snack. Here's my review:

Too early for a queue. Service quick, but not exactly with a smile! Prices reasonable.

Rubbish (not dirty plates etc) left on table which was less than a metre from a litter bin!

Kids play area looked cleaner than it has been before.

Baby changing/disabled cubicle in the cafe absolutely fine, and a bin for disposing of dirty nappies was supplied.

Based on this, and previous expereinces at much busier times, my take is that thy simply do not have the staff to cope with large numbers of customers, some of whom don't help by being too lazy to clean up after themselves. The staff could definitely do with some customer service training (does it really hurt to smile when serving someone?), but then, why bother when they have a pretty much captive market at this lovely, free park where people are always going to want refreshments?

We went on Sunday and what a horribly grim, dirty cafe!! It was just before 2, my daughter was starving so we persevered and ordered food, fought for a seat (so many people eating food not bought in the place, hogging the tables), and then waited 30 minutes for it to arrive!!

I honestly couldn't believe how grotty the place was, it was also full of unsupervised rowdy kids, throwing themselves over tables and seat where people were trying to eat!! The parents clearly couldn't give a toss!!

When the food came it was burnt, cold, bland, soggy. Needless to say we will not be returning to the hole!