Empty Blockbusters Chesterfield Road, Woodseats

Hi guys,

I wondered if any one knows the planned use of the empty Blockbusters shop on Chesterfield Road, Woodseats.

I pass almost every day and have seen the odd workman (not long enough to ask however) but havent noticed any signs or notices stating its intended future usage. Any one heard of anything or know where I might be able to find out?

Thanks,

Ambz

Prolly be a subway or something similar.

The work seems to have stopped - hope it's not going to be another bookies or charity shop!

Nic

The work seems to have stopped - hope it's not going to be another bookies or charity shop!

Nic

Would you prefer an empty shop then?

I'd prefer an empty shop to a bookies.

At least there are fewer drunken reprobates hanging around outside an empty shop.

The off licence has been empty for a couple of years. Personally, I think we need a nail / sun tan place!

I think we're very lucky here at Woodseats for the range of decent shops. I had friends who ran a business there and the only scary thing was the rent the landlord charged as I imagine it would of put off a lot of people from setting up their business there.

On another note does anyone know what has happened to the Open House place it seems to be standing empty as well with little sign of anything happening.

The off licence has been empty for a couple of years. Personally, I think we need a nail / sun tan place!

Because there aren't already enough of those on Woodseats :suspect: .... Every other shop is a tanning or nail place.

We need another booze shop, that's what we need :D somebody bring back bargain booze!

Because there aren't already enough of those on Woodseats :suspect: .... Every other shop is a tanning or nail place.

We need another booze shop, that's what we need :D somebody bring back bargain booze!

You missed my sarcasm! :suspect::hihi:

I would say it needs a off licence too.... Nothing decent where i live on derbyshire lane. Wine seller doesnt have a good range, cheers/drink express is always empty, and mattoos and costcutter are a little too far

Nobody would set up an off-licence in the Old Blockbuster. It is right across from Asda, they would easily get rid of any Booze sales competition with a few months of loss leaders on a slightly extended range.