Large building being built just off Carlisle street

Does anyone know what this building is there is jut framework there at the minute . It's at the top of the hill the back way where Newman road junction is that leads to page hall. I thought it may be a mosque just by seeing the shape of it?

Yes it's going to be a mosque. I can see the top of the steel structure from my work. At first I thought it looked like a space rocket! Is building work still going on because it hasn't changed much recently?

I have heard from someone in the know that the guy in control of the finance to build the mosque has done a disappearing act with 2 million pound so work is on hold.

The mosque will get built as it is funded by rich Saudi sheiks.

I have heard from someone in the know that the guy in control of the finance to build the mosque has done a disappearing act with 2 million pound so work is on hold.

would you believe it eh :suspect:

I thought I knew where you meant until you mentioned Newman Road. As far as Im aware Newman Road is nowhere near Carlisle St or Page Hall?

I saw the structure yesterday but it seemed to be near Petre Street? (If thats the same one?)

Edited by nikki-red

I thought I knew where you meant until you mentioned Newman Road. As far as Im aware Newman Road is nowhere near Carlisle St or Page Hall?

I saw the structure yesterday but it seemed to be near Petre Street? (If thats the same one?)

Thats the one........... just off Petre St ......that thing that looks like the top of a space rocket.

Thats the one........... just off Petre St ......that thing that looks like the top of a space rocket.

Yeah I just checked, its on the corner of Petre St and Botham St.

Been in the planning for a long time...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/features/why-plans-for-a-new-mosque-have-split-this-city-community-1-336205

Apologies if you didn't get it Newman road ends at a junction on Carlisle street across the road from that on Carlisle street is petre street which leads to page hall. Simples

Apologies if you didn't get it Newman road ends at a junction on Carlisle street across the road from that on Carlisle street is petre street which leads to page hall. Simples

Unless its changed location since I lived on it it doesnt!

The top junction of Newman Road is with Wincobank Avenue, the bottom junction is with Barrow Road in Wincobank.

---------- Post added 19-08-2013 at 00:04 ----------

Its just occurred to me Karl, do you mean NewHALL Road?

Sweet, nice to see another bit of the corrupt third world rocking up in our city in such a traditionally corrupt and immoral way.

Ain't multi-culti grand?