Lake at Beighton - any info.

From Crystal Peaks on West St going towards Beighton, just up the hill past Baize Snooker and before getting to the angled T Junction there is a lake in the dip behind the houses on the left. Worked my way around and came across a notice which said something like, - private land keep out no children thin ice. No contact details on.

anybody know who owns it and can it be fished with permission or a permit

thanks for any replies.

Dont know owt bout it, but shows on Google maps and looks pegged out so would say fishable

have seen it on google maps and agree it looks like pegs but who does it belong to.?

its permit only , i know an old bloke who fishes it regularly . i will try to find out where you get permits from, i think they are about £50

Many thanks Hackey Lad, that would be superb, really appreciate it as its almost on the doorstep.

Its called fred and wilfs pond, i joined in june for £42 think you may have to wait until next june if you want to noin and you have to be recommended by a former member. Its stuffed full of fish.

Thanks spankysufc,

all this info helps

problem is i dont know anybody who is or was a member so could be difficult.

next year would be no prob. though.

The venue is so close it would be really great, save on petrol etc.

Its a nice lil pond i havent been up for a few weeks as i gave been going elsewhere, im sure if you go and ask the locals who fish it regularly they will be able to give you more info on joining etc. withe being a new member im not 100% sure.

Hi again spankysufc,

how do you get onto the pond, i have only seen it from the back of st mary church, where you go down some old stone steps, it brings you out to a field on the left with horses in and you can see the water, further past.

ta

The only way is across that horses field mate unless your lucky enough to own one of the houses which surround it :) there is a lane at the side of the cumberland pub which you can drive down. I usually park at the bottom of the steps and walk across the field.