Planning application form fee is day light robbery

a £200 fee for planning permission by the council is robbing me blind for a yes or no answer

You sure you need permission in the first place?

they need the money to pay for the DR fiasco!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

a £200 fee for planning permission by the council is robbing me blind for a yes or no answer

SCC using the public to raise revenue , what a surprise.

not just the fee - the were ultra specific about what type of Lintel we should purchase after they came out for a site visit ... fine, we ordered it (more expensive than the other types - don't ask me what it was I have no idea !) ... it was installed and they came to inspect it in situ and then asked why we'd gone for such a high spec for an upstairs window that had very little load on it grrrr

I have to say they are not the easiest department to talk to - they use an enormous amount of technical language and detail and tend not to listen. I had a conversation with one of them talking about whether I needed permission to insulate my bedroom ceiling (it has another floor above it, not the attic) .. they said yes repeatedly, repeating technical talk - after 30 mins they finally listened to me and agreed with me that I didn't

Incidentally the price they charge is linked to the price you are paying for the job

You sure you need permission in the first place?
yes, but thats there word against anybody elses.

SCC using the public to raise revenue , what a surprise.

who else will they raise revenue from?

Incidentally the price they charge is linked to the price you are paying for the job

Well that makes sense - why would you pay the same fee for an extension to a house as oppossed to building a supermarket?

Edited by Longcol

Penistone999 is one of those that seems to think the council should give him everything on a plate for free, that he should have his own private lane on the roads and that he should be able to park his car anywhere he likes without charge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyofborg

Penistone999 is one of those that seems to think the council should give him everything on a plate for free, that he should have his own private lane on the roads and that he should be able to park his car anywhere he likes without charge.

well if scc could, they would, they already park wherever they want

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

How much do you think would be a reasonable fee?

not just the fee - the were ultra specific about what type of Lintel we should purchase after they came out for a site visit ... fine, we ordered it (more expensive than the other types - don't ask me what it was I have no idea !) ... it was installed and they came to inspect it in situ and then asked why we'd gone for such a high spec for an upstairs window that had very little load on it grrrr

I have to say they are not the easiest department to talk to - they use an enormous amount of technical language and detail and tend not to listen. I had a conversation with one of them talking about whether I needed permission to insulate my bedroom ceiling (it has another floor above it, not the attic) .. they said yes repeatedly, repeating technical talk - after 30 mins they finally listened to me and agreed with me that I didn't

They once held a job up we were on because they said honey brown bricks did not fit in with the surrounding area [Walkley]. When an independant observer came in to access the problem he looked round and stated, "well next door is built in red bricks the other side is built in grey bricks and every house on the Street [Greenhow St] is different ".The planning officer replied "we did not think that honey brown would fit in".

House got built in Honey Brown after making the builder ill through the stress .