Sign in to follow this  

Cheap Hostels or Youth Hostels

Hello,

I am going to visit Sheffield in March for a couple of days, so I am searching for a place to stay. Unfortunatelly the next youth hostel seems to be in Hathersage. So, can anyone recommend a cheap (!) hostel in Sheffield and tell me where I can find further information in the internet.

Cheers!

Miles

To my knowledge there are no hostels in Sheffield. Your best bet might be getting a B&B around the Nether Edge Area or maybe Hillsborough where there looks to be some decent B&Bs (maybe try the Hillsborough Hotel). Not sure how cheap a B&B will be though.

I'd be interested to know if you do find any but I'm quite certain no such thing exists. Not sure if we get enough visitors to warrent one, although we should have, a very underrated city in my opinion. Biased yes, mad no.

Thanks for your replies!

Indeed, you should definately build cheap hostels and youth hostels. Sheffield is such a great city. Who wants to be in London ...

The hostels we have in Sheffield seem to be full of homeless people. You probably wont get a place there, and perhaps you wouldnt want to.

Miles, may not be ideal but if you try http://www.travellodge.co.uk you can sometimes fall lucky on £10/night rooms. I looked and there are a couple in March but only on a couple of dates. Recently went to London for a weekend with wifey and kids for £52 (£26/night family room). Not bad for central London.

Hi there

I check Sheffield Hostel vacancies on a regular basis for people as Im a housing advisor, there are only 2 options in Sheffield and they are very very hard to get into. If you are on benefits then housing benefit can be claimed but if you are paying for your accomodation you are prob looking at paying out a lot of money.

Not sure re: Youth @Hostels but agree that you may be better off looking for cheap B&B;s. There is one on the bottom road of Hillsborough - think its called Alara or something, they take in long term people and its very reasonable.

Also, what about getting a room in shared house for a few months?

Loops