Vet for cats only

Thank you! It seems that opinions differ regarding which vet is better, Vet4pets or Peak Vets! As long as a vet recognises the special needs and organism of a feline, it will be someone an cat owner could trust..

The Vet that we see at Peak Vets is Alyson, who has her own pet cat.

I have also spoken in deep with Steven over the phone about my dogs problems, who was very helpful with suggestions and information (and of course it was free, they called me on my phone) - Steven has dogs, cats, horses and even chickens.

There is also Cathy, who specializes in cardiology, she herself has cats.. And Nigel, who also has a cat. Then there's Greg who specializes in Ophthalmology (eyes) and orthopedics (bones) who also has a pet cat.

So I think it would be safe to say Peak Vet's will know about cats - as all the Vets have their own cat(s) ;)

Their website is here: http://www.peakvets.co.uk/home.html

Vets4pets is more of a franchise - it is not one own Vets practice, there are a couple in Sheffield and more around the Country. It's more like a supermarket of the Vet world.

There is only one Peak Vets. It's just one business. Personally, I prefer practices like that, but that's just my own preference.

Tomayto, tomarto!

I use highfield vets as well as my friends and in-laws.

We all have cats and find them to be quite helpful. Never had a problem with getting a same day appt and the vet there seems to understand. For example, my cat came down with a UTI (even though shes approx 6 years old), due to the stress of her new cat flap and he understood right away. He even explained that he has three cats, and one is so scared of the same flap that he has to board her when hes on holiday to keep its stress levels down.

Your answers are very enlightening, thanks!! Highfield vets are actually those closest to Walkley and your opinion helps, Alternageek.

Your answers are very enlightening, thanks!! Highfield vets are actually those closest to Walkley and your opinion helps, Alternageek.

Anytime. Also, your first visit there is no charge, so you if your not happy, dnt feel you have to come back.

Welcome to Sheffield BTW!

Vets4pets is more of a franchise - it is not one own Vets practice, there are a couple in Sheffield and more around the Country. It's more like a supermarket of the Vet world.

I think that's misleading.

---------- Post added 17-08-2013 at 20:18 ----------

I use highfield vets as well as my friends and in-laws.

We all have cats and find them to be quite helpful..

Yes - I've used them too sometimes - really liked them as well. Good with the cats I've taken in and good at explaining things.

The Highfield vets are those in London Road, right? In the corner with John street? What opinion have you shaped about Broomhill vets?

The Highfield vets are those in London Road, right? In the corner with John street? What opinion have you shaped about Broomhill vets?

Yes, Highfield Vets are on London Rd:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=&layer=c&z=17&iwloc=A&sll=53.369719,-1.476985&cid=2560047507580453216&cbp=13,108.1,-7.9,0,0&panoid=8dA3G-KFRwPMmTLdVDXCoQ&q=highfield+vets+sheffield&sa=X&ei=itUPUo_uF-am0AWiuYCQCw&ved=0CKIBEKcfMA0

Bus service regularly comes through, so if you dont drive can get a bus into town and catch another up london rd.

What opinion have you shaped about Broomhill vets?

Not one I've ever used but what I've heard about them is good. Would be a lot nearer to you too.

I think that's misleading.

---------- Post added 17-08-2013 at 20:18 ----------

I don't think it is. It's true. It's not it's own single practice.

Best way to describe it, in my opinion. Better than comparing it to that Medipet or whatever it was called.

The 'vaccs for life' idea sounds good, but you're going to lose out if the company collapses.

---------- Post added 17-08-2013 at 22:18 ----------

What opinion have you shaped about Broomhill vets?

I went to Broomhill Vets when I had pet rats, as recommended by someone.

It was okay - looked after my rat being neutered, top quality. The Vet even took my rat home overnight because he was apparently coming round a bit too slow for comfort.

But when I had a foster dog took their for some things, it was a bit extortionate in mine and the Rescues opinion.. I think the Rescue stopped using them after that.

So I take my dog to Peak Vets, which I prefer and is closer to me, so suits me.

(Broomhill) It's a small Vet practice, I think it has only two Vets, but it was okay.

Don't know what they're like about Cats, but they do have a website..

http://www.broomhillvet.co.uk/Home

Edited by Elizabeth13

Thanks a lot! I understand it is hard to find a good vet as most of them lack of in-depth experience regarding different kinds of animals. At least in my country a vet who can diagnose the cause of a problem successfully is an exception of the rule. However, I will keep all of your recommendations in mind and I really hope my little ones need a doctor as rarely as possible!

City taxis carry pets in pet carriers providing you ask them/ tell them about the cat