Sheffield group visiting Donetsk,Ukraine.

Someone has just e-mailed me to say that a group from Sheffield is visiting Donetsk in August to celebrate their city day.Can anyone tell me if it is a Sheffield council or private group that are going.

I would like to bet its a council jolly up,if the Labour members admire the Soviets so much why don,t they bugger off and live there taking Mr Scargill with them!

I would like to bet its a council jolly up,if the Labour members admire the Soviets so much why don,t they bugger off and live there taking Mr Scargill with them!

"Soviets"? ...

if the Labour members admire the Soviets so much why don,t they bugger off and live there

You're about 30 years out of date. It's ended.

The Soviet system may have ended about 20 years ago------true----but has anyone told the Sheffield Council Holidayma------oops, sorry, I mean ' delegates ' of course.

Sheffield Council don't acknowledge history.

If they did one might suggest they should learn from their mistakes.

Clearly that will never happen :hihi: :hihi:

I do not think it is the council because I think they severed all links with Donetsk a few years ago due to financial restraints,that is a laugh with all the money they are now wasting.

You're about 30 years out of date. It's ended.

I apologize pal I,m a little confused I,ve not been taking my medicine but you know what I mean we the taxpayers pay for their hairbrained ideas and hangups,all the commie brothers used to prattle on how perfect the system was but none of them went to live there,hypocritical or what?.:loopy::confused::huh:

Has anyone asked SCC?

Just checked the SCC website

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/international-links.html

Sheffield has a number of historic and ongoing international links that were established to grow our relations with cities around the world.

We have twinning and friendship agreements with cities such as Anshan (China), Kawasaki (Japan), Pittsburgh (USA), Bochum (Germany) and Donetsk (Ukraine) and Esteli (Nicaragua).

We respect these links and the Lord Mayor hosts a number of visits each year, most recently receiving a delegation from Anshan, with a future visit planned by delegates from Kawasaki.

It is not clear whether these are still ongoing, but, as there is nothing to the contrary, I assume they are.

My apologies if I am incorrect.

Edited by Gleadly

Has anyone asked the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce?

This was posted May 29 last year on the Sheffield Enterprise Agency website.

"Sheffield Chamber of Commerce & Industry Ltd (SCCI) was recently been selected by Eurochambres – who exist (among other things), to develop the European Chambers in projects of value to business – as the lead partner charged with delivering a programme of support to the Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Donetsk, Ukraine.

Sheffield will lead Unioncamere del Veneto (Venice, Italy) and Camara de Gipuzkoa (San Sebastian, Spain) in delivering a full programme of support to Donetsk, designed to provide a focus on the development of business opportunities, between all four partners."

- See more at: http://www.senta.co.uk/2012/05/international-projects-going-east/#sthash.7KvNC3wY.dpuf

Donetsk city day is the last weekend in August.

Doesn't seem to be any council visits over there then.

Someone has just e-mailed me to say that a group from Sheffield is visiting Donetsk in August to celebrate their city day.Can anyone tell me if it is a Sheffield council or private group that are going.

Want to know where the our money is going?

Manchester to Donetsk Aug. 19 - Aug. 23 from £1,019.00

Today's Flight Price Per person?

Then add on their other expenses........

Of course it's the Council, after all they have deserved it?

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/search-result.html?queryStr=Chamber+of+Commerce

Edited by catpus
additional information