Turton,Axelby & Spurr Families from Attercliffe

Anyone have any memories of these families who were born and lived in Attercliffe from around 1900 until the late 1980s ?

In the late 1950's I worked with an Horace Spurr in the Steelworks.

Any Connection?

Happy Days! PopT

Anyone have any memories of these families who were born and lived in Attercliffe from around 1900 until the late 1980s ?

There was a Bill Spurr who worked as a fitter in the Melting Shop on the Clean Air Plant in the 70's

My friend had 3 cousins who lived somewhere near Oaks Green at Attercliffe whos surname was Spurr. Bill, Jean and Brian.

I knew a Christine Spurr a long time ago, don't know if she came from Attercliffe though.

There was a Bill Spurr who worked as a fitter in the Melting Shop on the Clean Air Plant in the 70's at Brown Bayleys

I knew a Christine Spurr a long time ago, don't know if she came from Attercliffe though.

Hi

I am researching my mothers early life.. Christine spur, daughter of Madge Middleton and George F spur... she lived with her grandparents George and Elizabeth Middleton in Regent court, Hillsborough. George I believe was a bookmaker.. ?? wore big glasses.. anyone who has memories or info of schools, jobs she did in this period please do let me know x thanks

Did they live on Zion Lane JMT?