Life after Kevin McDonald..

[/b]

Supposedly so last season, look what happened

What people fail to mention when quoting wolves parachute payments is that wolves already have a wage bill ready to gobble all that money up .

I read that Kevin Doyle £40.000 a week and Jamie o'hara £35.000 , Roger Johnson £40.000 a week cost the club nearly £7.000.000 a year in wages and bonuses that's without the rest of the squad .

People discuss like its £16.000.000 extra they have to spend when in reality it's to cover the amount they are committed to paying out .

Wolves having much more spending power than us . Not really

They realise the value and potential of McDonald and we obviously don't that's as simple as it gets for me .

Edited by s2 blade

I rest my case.... so to speak.

Today was awful, and highlighted just how much we missed him.no shape, no cohesion, and the longer the game went on, the more the old long ball game came back.

I think the manager now has to rethink his formation, and tactics. If we can't beat a very mediocre side like Colchester (no disrespect) we are in for a very long and hard season.

I do hope Mr Weir has a plan B.

Today was awful, and highlighted just how much we missed him.no shape, no cohesion, and the longer the game went on, the more the old long ball game came back.

I think the manager now has to rethink his formation, and tactics. If we can't beat a very mediocre side like Colchester (no disrespect) we are in for a very long and hard season.

You can't compare today to the Notts County game though - 10 men for most of the game gave McDonald far more room than he might otherwise have had, and County were poor - Colchester have started well, and deserved a point, a few of their players could improve us a lot. If McDonald was happy to jump ship so easily for money, then that's just the way it goes - just another mercenary footballer with no loyalty to any club... no doubt if Leeds or the owls come in for him in the summer, with a tempting cash offer, he'll be off again...

We've lost far more important and influential players than KM - in 20 years time, I don't think he's one of the players many will be thinking of in their pub debates over great blades players over the years!

I agree, the football is not attractive in my opinion, just slow, boring and predictable. I'm starting to be more worried about the other end of the table. I don't think McDonald is any more than an above average League 1 player but he will be replaced by an average or below average player weakening the team. I'm sure Harry McGuire ( our leading scorer! ) will also go, probably on the evening of the 2nd September and he'll be replaced by a worse player. At home especially I think we should play 2 out and out strikers.

I agree, the football is not attractive in my opinion, just slow, boring and predictable. I'm starting to be more worried about the other end of the table. I don't think McDonald is any more than an above average League 1 player but he will be replaced by an average or below average player weakening the team. I'm sure Harry McGuire ( our leading scorer! ) will also go, probably on the evening of the 2nd September and he'll be replaced by a worse player. At home especially I think we should play 2 out and out strikers.

Got a bad feeling Longy will get picked off before sept 2nd too...

Got a bad feeling Longy will get picked off before sept 2nd too...

You will be missed rich:hihi:

You will be missed rich:hihi:

You don't get rid of me that easy...:hihi::hihi:

You don't get rid of me that easy...:hihi::hihi:

DAMN!!!

lol

McDonald was the best player at the club, but just like Michael Tonge before him, too many fans were too quick to pick up on what he was lacking on the defensive side. Very good passer of the ball and when he played well, United did, ditto with Tongey.