It's all kicking off in Egypt

Since July 2013 military coup which ousted elected President Morsi, the UK government has continued to approve the export of arms to Egypt. And a good thing too, allows people to have decent jobs, and helps industry prosper. Trade is important and getting squeamish as to what people do with our legally traded weapons is not our concern. Its the economy Stupid, and at the rate they are using them and the ammo, they will help us prosper through additional orders.

http://www.caat.org.uk/

http://www.caat.org.uk/resources/countries/egypt/

As for the military help / sales here are a few things we sold recently, a list of some of the export licenses. and it all look pretty good to me, and maybe Cameron should do another tour in the area. Every little helps!http://www.caat.org.uk/resources/export-licences/licence?rating=Military&region=Egypt&n=0&date_from=2010-01-01

You seem to have failed to noticed morsi was Islamist scum. Which makes him and the rest of his gang our enemies

You seem to have failed to noticed morsi was Islamist scum. Which makes him and the rest of his gang our enemies

Why are you saying Islamists are scum?

What is your definition of scum?

How exactly are morsi and his followers "our" enemy?

Islamist definition= http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/Islamist

I know quite a few Islamists and they have never been inclined to commit terrorism.

Edited by mafya

I know quite a few Islamists and they have never been inclined to commit terrorism.

If they believe that their religion should be pushed upon people who don't want it and don't share it, then they have awful views. They don't have to be terrorists, that's an extra step that some take.

Anyone dedicated to any theocracy is an enemy of everything I value. Mainly, the freedom to read more than one book.

Islamist definition= http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/Islamist

What would you think of people who held the view that Islam has no place in the UK?

The Ikwans biggest problem is not it's name, it's it's size. If you had multiple groups off 20K here and 150K there then there's always someone to negotiate with and bring on board. The ikwan is so dominant as the voice of islamism that the army has nobody else to deal with so when they throw down the gaunlet as they have it becomes the army and people vs almost every islamist in egypt. Which is why the people are supportive of the army despite the number of dead ikwan.

It's going to be ugly but there will be a lot less islamists at the end of it all I would guess.

Well interesting that Ikwan happens to be another name of the Saudi Arabinn mob, them that are in bed with Israel and the USA helping fund the Syrian cut out their hearts and eat it and if not pour petrol on people and ignite a conversation, via youtube. I thought the point was about Egypt, so please stop the medication and stick to the tabloids, then you might make sense.

On the other hand, it nice a individual wishes to turn itself into a laughing stock, we all need a good joke now and then, so Thanks for the ill informed idiotic nonsense, great!

Edited by erebus

If they believe that their religion should be pushed upon people who don't want it and don't share it, then they have awful views. They don't have to be terrorists, that's an extra step that some take.

Anyone dedicated to any theocracy is an enemy of everything I value. Mainly, the freedom to read more than one book.

They don't force their religion on anybody either unless you are one of the ones who thinks that mosque building or seeing more muslims about is forcing Islam onto you.

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 00:51 ----------

What would you think of people who held the view that Islam has no place in the UK?

Islam is in the believers heart, it can't be deported by people who don't like or agree with it.

They don't force their religion on anybody either unless you are one of the ones who thinks that mosque building or seeing more muslims about is forcing Islam onto you.

Islam is in the believers heart, it can't be deported by people who don't like or agree with it.

You evaded the question, Mafya (not like you)

Andy G said: "...You seem to have failed to noticed morsi was Islamist scum...."

You challenged him asking: "Why are you saying Islamists are scum?

What is your definition of scum?..."

You were challenged in riposte by Vinyl, who asked the eminently reasonable question: "What would you think of people who held the view that Islam has no place in the UK?"

You waffled on about building mosques - which has nothing whatsoever to do with islamists.

Are you prepared to answer Vinyl's question? - If not, are we (the rest of us) to assume that you are only interested in posts which support Islam?

I'm a catholic but I suppose I support Islam ... In that I support the right of my Islamic friends to practice their religion. I do, however, (like Andygardner) consider Islamists to be scum.

Will you please tell us where you stand?

They don't force their religion on anybody either

If only Egyptians had that liberty too.

You evaded the question, Mafya (not like you)

Andy G said: "...You seem to have failed to noticed morsi was Islamist scum...."

You challenged him asking: "Why are you saying Islamists are scum?

What is your definition of scum?..."

You were challenged in riposte by Vinyl, who asked the eminently reasonable question: "What would you think of people who held the view that Islam has no place in the UK?"

You waffled on about building mosques - which has nothing whatsoever to do with islamists.

Are you prepared to answer Vinyl's question? - If not, are we (the rest of us) to assume that you are only interested in posts which support Islam?

I'm a catholic but I suppose I support Islam ... In that I support the right of my Islamic friends to practice their religion. I do, however, (like Andygardner) consider Islamists to be scum.

Will you please tell us where you stand?

How are you defining an Islamist (which is a non Islamic word- it was coined by Bush post 9/11 and sells like hot cakes in the media)?

You say you support your 'Islamic' friends (you mean Muslim friends...) to practice their religion- if they are practicing it 100% according to the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah- are they then Islamist scum to you?

I think it all depends on the definition of an Islamist- the media can make it up as they go along, the foreign power leaders can do the same.

Were the freedom fighters fighting for the freedom of Afghanistan from Russia invasion - aided by the money and weapons from America, Islamists back then too....

How are you defining an Islamist (which is a non Islamic word- it was coined by Bush post 9/11 and sells like hot cakes in the media)?

I agree, it's a word that was invented just to avoid upsetting Muslims, when Muslims blows something up, throw acid at someone, chop someones head off, shoot school girls, we can now call them Islamist's instead of Muslims.

Edited by angos

I agree, it's a word that was invented just to avoid upsetting Muslims, when Muslims blows something up, throw acid at someone, chop someones head off, shoots school girl, we can now call them Islamist's instead of Muslims.

Wrong answer then.

The media does not always differentiate- only when it suits them.

The Muslim word gets used as quick as it can so long it can get away with it.

Of course, Muslim groups can protest- and rightly so, as acts committed by individuals or groups should not be labelled by their faith.

It is the same way I don't label every white peadophile as a catholic.

How are you defining an Islamist

Someone who believes that the Qu'ran is the final and perfect word of God, and that its contents are a perfect system for all of mankind. Some go further and work towards it, and some go even further and take up arms for that end. There are a minority of them who blow themselves up for that end, believing murder and suicide is glory, for their death is for Allah.

It's the enemy of pluralism. It's the enemy of all liberal thought.

I can tolerate all religion if it leaves me alone. I don't agree, and think it all a hangover from mankind's infancy, but I can put up with it. A religion that wishes to persecute me as a non-believer though, is not something I'll tolerate.