Awful smell of sewerage in Rotherham

We recently had a letter from Yorkshire water about the sewage works and problems with the incinerator at Blackburn meadows. We live in Kimberworth and have had to suffer the horrid smell all summer night and day here. Our eyes feel dry and we wake up feeling sck each day and exhausted. We are also coughing.

Has anyone else had problems with their health in this part of Rotherham?

Hahaha if only lol

i used to live in tinsley the smell from the sterocycle and the air pollution my friend tina has 2 daughters she used to live in tinsley but thankfully she lives here but before when she lived there with all stuff that were going on in air her daughter had been suffering sickness and hair falling out since shes moved tho she has had no problem im glad i ve moved not just from stuff but also from the smelly polluted area.

It's always the poor areas that these things happen. I used to live n Tinsley also for 2 years. Didn't have asthma until I lived there. One day I could not breathe well enough to walk to the shop. I was fine when living in other parts of Sheffield, like you say.

We recently had a letter from Yorkshire water about the sewage works and problems with the incinerator at Blackburn meadows. We live in Kimberworth and have had to suffer the horrid smell all summer night and day here. Our eyes feel dry and we wake up feeling sck each day and exhausted. We are also coughing.

Has anyone else had problems with their health in this part of Rotherham?

dont think incinerating has much to do with it even if they are piling up the dried ****e till the eon plant gets going. it is more a case of saving a few bob on aromatic deodorisers that normally mask the smell.

i used to live in rotherham and visited recently. the stink is awful. i now live in sheffield. i must remember to take a dump AFTER i've been to rotherham, then i wont get a gobfull when i arrive.

Probably coming from the Rotherham football ground.

Probably coming from the Rotherham football ground.

Or the local unwashed peasants! :hihi:

i used to live in tinsley the smell from the sterocycle and the air pollution my friend tina has 2 daughters she used to live in tinsley but thankfully she lives here but before when she lived there with all stuff that were going on in air her daughter had been suffering sickness and hair falling out since shes moved tho she has had no problem im glad i ve moved not just from stuff but also from the smelly polluted area.

I was born and brought up in Tinsley, it is almost 60 years since I moved away, you should be thankfull you didn't live there 60 years ago. We were used to the smell from Blackburn Meadows, also we had the smell and smoke from the steel factories from Weedon St to Templeborough, the only time we could see Wincobank Hill was when the firms closed down for a week in Summer. Must not have down us any harm I have a sister in her nineties and another in her eighties and not one of us suffered from sickness or asthma.

Must not have down us any harm I have a sister in her nineties and another in her eighties and not one of us suffered from sickness or asthma.

Ah, but people where made of tougher stuff back then, these days we're all just pansies!

I go past the sewage works twice a day on the rail line. Even with the windows shut the smell makes me want to throw up straight away. I've come across some bad smells in my time, but that is just pure ****e.

I was born and brought up in Tinsley, it is almost 60 years since I moved away, you should be thankfull you didn't live there 60 years ago. We were used to the smell from Blackburn Meadows, also we had the smell and smoke from the steel factories from Weedon St to Templeborough, the only time we could see Wincobank Hill was when the firms closed down for a week in Summer. Must not have down us any harm I have a sister in her nineties and another in her eighties and not one of us suffered from sickness or asthma.

But in those days there was no pollution from the M1. If it is so lovely in Tinsley surely you would be living there now?