Drug smugglers caught in Peru

Hmmm, so two girls go off to Ibiza to find work in nightclubs or as dancers and yet unbeknownst to friends and family and all their facebook pals they travel to Peru and and up "being forced" to try and smuggle £1.5m worth of cocaine back to Spain, having no idea whatsoever what was in all those bags they were carrying.

Well, sounds like a plausible story to me.

How many posters on here have gone off to Spain for the summer only to swap the beaches and nightclubs for an alpaca tour of the Peruvian Andes?

And we all know how easy it is to accidentally put loads of bags of powder in your luggage before returning home.

Clearly innocent

:rolleyes:

Hmmm, so two girls go off to Ibiza to find work in nightclubs or as dancers and yet unbeknownst to friends and family and all their facebook pals they travel to Peru and and up "being forced" to try and smuggle £1.5m worth of cocaine back to Spain, having no idea whatsoever what was in all those bags they were carrying.

Well, sounds like a plausible story to me.

How many posters on here have gone off to Spain for the summer only to swap the beaches and nightclubs for an alpaca tour of the Peruvian Andes?

And we all know how easy it is to accidentally put loads of bags of powder in your luggage before returning home.

Clearly innocent

:rolleyes:

Yea but it's easy for young impressionable girls to get mixed up in this kind of nightmare if they get involved with the wrong people. I feel really sorry for them to be honest. Prison in Lima is not somewhere you want to be for 5 minutes let alone 10 years +.

Why on earth do so many people even want to go abroad?

Not all Americans, Canadians, Australians or New Zealanders like us so going abroad for a bit of sun or snow where they don't even speak the same language seems slightly mental to me. There's people going abroad from the UK that within the UK have never left their own county.

At least here there are people trying to prevent the loonies with guns, acid and drugs away from getting to us.

Why on earth do so many people even want to go abroad? There's people going abroad from the UK that within the UK have never left their own county.

Because the young ones like to get mashed up and monged out to crazy loud dance music whilst getting covered in foam on the white isle. And while out in Ibiza, lets face it, you're going to come across bad people who deal drugs. You can just see how the innocent and naive ones get prayed upon with offers to travel to places like Peru for what must seem like life changing amounts of cash. I blame the parents, it's their job to protect their children. If I had a daughter who wanted to go to Ibiza at that age I'd ground her for 5 years just for thinking about it.

The laws were changed recently on gun possession. Eg various thick bimbo's are now in jail after looking after packages for 'friends' e.g. 'Playas' they met in clubs etc. It's 5 years regardless of who handed it to them to keep safe innit.

Not all Americans, Canadians, Australians or New Zealanders like us so going abroad for a bit of sun or snow where they don't even speak the same language seems slightly mental to me. There's people going abroad from the UK that within the UK have never left their own county.

At least here there are people trying to prevent the loonies with guns, acid and drugs away from getting to us.

Lets be fair though, those countries have great "home-grown" holiday destinations, great weather etc.

What has the UK got? Skegness, Great Yarmouth etc complete with brown seas

To experience other cultures and broaden ones horizons.

Although I would imagine people go to Ibiza to enjoy the best DJ's in the world, sun, sex & alcohol.

strange how they dont know anything about it when they get caught.

Yea but it's easy for young impressionable girls to get mixed up in this kind of nightmare if they get involved with the wrong people. I feel really sorry for them to be honest. Prison in Lima is not somewhere you want to be for 5 minutes let alone 10 years +.

Think it may be closer to 25+ years and they deserve everything they get. The perils of drug smuggling are well known and so ignorance or 'we were made to do it' is no defence. This will hopefully be another lesson to those stupid enough to try for themselves.

I often find myself being offered an all inclusive Alpaca holiday in the Puruvian mountains after partying hard in Ibiza. I think these girls need to dry the wet patches behind their ears.

It 's hard to imagine that these days anyone DOESN 'T know about drug smuggling and its penalties ; someone would have to be blind, deaf and daft and have lived in remote Greenland all their lives not to be aware of the dangers.

Perhaps these latest ' victims ' are just lucky they 're not in the Saudi judicial system ?