Meadowhead roundabout

What on earth is happening here, all the trees on the island decimated, cones everywhere.... Is this to ease congestion, like what happened nearer town, at Woodseats?

Noticed that on Sunday, that they were cutting down trees on the roundabout. Is it to improve visibility, you reckon?

It's a shame though, I thought it looked ok.

The roundabout is being changed. I think the shape of it to help people stay and get in the right lanes instead of just blindly driving around it without thinking!

Blimey, let's hope it doesn't have the same affect as the lane reduction near KFC! What a **** up that was/is...

" ... The roundabout is currently more diamond shaped than round.

This layout means it is not as easy to drive around as it could be and can lead to longer queues on the approaching roads. It also leads to a small number of accidents.

The roundabout would be reshaped to make it easier to drive around. The centre of the roundabout would remain a green area with trees and flowers, but may be replanted to improve driver visibility. A new traffic camera will be positioned on the roundabout to help traffic engineers ... "

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/transport/transport-planning/Meadowhead-leaflet--PDF--1-81MB-.pdf

They would be better off putting a big cross roads there rather than an Island

:) Good to know what's happeneing. :( Sad to see all those trees go .

It's part of the works they've been doing around there for the past couple of years.

What else have they done? i haven't noticed anything...

its a shame all those nice trees have to go just because some prats cant drive around a roundabout properly like they taught to? the accidents i have seen is a joke due to people cutting across 2 lanes at last second to go down woodseats

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

What on earth is happening here, all the trees on the island decimated, cones everywhere.... Is this to ease congestion, like what happened nearer town, at Woodseats?

They are planning to disrupt traffic around Meadowhead so it can't get to Woodseats to join the chaos they caused there.

Why they can't reduce the amount of cars on the road instead of fiddling about I don't know.