C.A.T.S sad news, RIP Jackie Longley

RIP Jackie, i didnt know you personally either, but knew of the brilliant work you did helping all the cats.

Was so shocked when I heard the news about Jackie. Loved meeting and talking with her every time we took up a donation or some bric a brac. A one in a million woman who gave everything for cats in need. Those lovely cats will be missing her so much and I only hope that every effort is made to make sure they are well cared for as she would be doing had she still been here. Such a lovely lady and such a sad loss, there will never be another one like her:cry::cry::cry:

RIP Jackie love xxx

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE TRUSTEES FO CAT ABUSE TREATMENT SOCIETY

End of an Era - 12th August 2013

Further official announcements will be made on the official website. Rest assured that Jackie's Trustees and volunteers are continuing to ensure the welfare of the cats resident at the Sanctuary. Legal procedures due to the status of Registered Charity must be adhered to and as such at this time no cats are permitted to be accepted into the Sanctuary or leave. This is a highly complex and delicate situation where the Trustees are working very closely with Jackie's family to ensure everything is handled properly.

As very close friends of Jackie, we are trying to cope with our personal grief as well as ensuring the Charity is managed correctly as dictated in Law. Please bear with us and rest assured our sole interest is the safety, wellbeing and care of the cats, whilst working closely with Jackie's family as they cope with their terrible loss.

Thank you to everyone who has expressed their love and compassion for a wonderful lady who touched all our lives.

A light has gone out in our lives and Sheffield has lost a jewel from its crown xxx

Awful, sad news. Jackie did so much to help ill-treated and abandoned cats.

All of Jackies, helpers and friends and family must be devastated and my thoughts go out to them at this sad time.

We realised last night that our precious kitten... YODA was one born from a pregnant mum we looked after for Jackie, we love him to bits and he will be our reminder of a lovely lady.

Like many of Jackies CATS he survived against the odds, he was only 37 grammes when born.

What sad news. i have only heard mention of C.A.T.S lately but it seems Jackie was a fantastic lady and will be sorely missed by human and cats.

I read everything on the website and am sat crying at what Jackie achieved. I feel so humble to have lived in the same city as such a warm, loving, giving and selfless person.

R.I.P Jackie.

I wonder how many cats and kittens Jackie has saved and rehomed in all the time she has been rescuing.

A very special lady.

I heard about this on facebook and am shocked and saddened. I knew Jackie from my early days with Thornberry. My thoughts go out to Jackies family.

RIP Jackie

I too am still in shock at the loss of Jackie, she was one of those people you expect to go on forever - she was so tough.

She led a very sad life, but made the life of the cats in her care so much brighter.

Donations of food I'm sure would be welcomed at the cattery in order that the cats in the sanctuary can still be fed and cared for. I know Jackie had a few very disabled ones there and hope that some one or a larger rescue would be able to take them on now Jackie has left us.

The world is a sadder place without her, and the sky one star brighter.

Edited by Moonbird

so sorry to hear this.jackie was a very special lady.she once helped me out years ago by giving me very good advice,with a neglected cat that had kittens ,I will always remember her for that.i do hope everything turns out good for her beloved cats,its so sad.