C.A.T.S sad news, RIP Jackie Longley

is this the lady who used to frequent the wharncliffe pub ? if so she will be missed in there as well rip catwoman

is this the lady who used to frequent the wharncliffe pub ? if so she will be missed in there as well rip catwoman

Yes it is, she used to go down for tea regularly, it would be nice if her friends down there could do something to help now when its needed most (I dont know what but I'm sure in a short amount of time it will be clear to us all).

I'm still in shock from this news... Only found out 3 hours ago because I was at work... Jackie was such a wonderful lady, always there for the cats and for her friends. I only saw her one day a week due to work, but she was someone I could always talk to and I am going to miss her so much.

I really hope that the good work of C.A.T.S can continue... xx

I still have a little girl from Jackie who is now 18 yrs old, I can't believe this news, just so very sad- a woman dedicated to her C.A.T.S - there will never be another Jackie Longley.

RIP Jackie :(

She was a real inspiration to me, and I'm sure lots more!!

May she rest in peace.

Come September when we get some spaces we will help take some cats that can be rehomed (if needed ). Unfortunately until around 14th September we're full

So shocked and sad to read this news. Never met her but very much knew of her and the wonderful work she does.

Vary sad to read the announcement earlier. I do hope provision can be made for the resident cats there at the very least - that in itself is a big ask.

The cats of Sheffield have lost a very good friend..

RIP Jackie, like many others I never knew you but was very much aware of the wonderful care you gave to the most pitiful of cases.

I have known Jackie for over 20 years. . . .

She has struggled through some tough times in the past. . . .

Sleep peacefully Jackie. . .You will be missed by many. . . .

Condolences to Jackie's family and close friends

x

She used to ring me at the cattery once every couple of month as we supported her.

She could talk for ages about the cats she cared for. We took litters of kittens for her and rehomed them (she could be very persuasive).

We are proud to count among her many supporters!!!

Very sad news,made worse by the fact that she did so much for others and she died alone in bed..RIP Jackie x

Yes she did die on her own, but she died peacefully. She went to sleep and didn't wake up. She died with dignity, and without the pain and suffering of something like alzheimers or cancer.

And she woke up next to Alan this morning.

Omg what a nice woman so sorry to hear the sad news. I only saw her last Wednesday and she was fine. RIP Jackie xx. To the people who helped Jackie if you need the use of the van let me know Mick the one you used for the shows.

Edited by Bikertec