C.A.T.S sad news, RIP Jackie Longley

Im sad to let everyone know that Jackie who ran Cat Abuse Treatment Society was found dead in bed last night.

Id only just started getting involved with Jackie and I know her death will be a tragic loss especially for the cats she treated.

Ive only just heard the news so Im not sure what will be happening regarding the cats she currently has but fingers crossed if there is anyone who could possibly help with fostering or adopting if needed?

RIP Jackie, reunited with Alan xxxx

Oh no, I can't believe this I used to see loads of Jackie and know her very well, this is such sad news, she sometimes used to drive me to distraction but I was very fond of her and some of the cats there :cry:

God bless her and may she now rest in peace, she will be very sorely missed by many people and the world of rescue has lost a very vital link of the chain :(

RIP Jackie, such sad news.

I hope that rescue spaces can be found for all of the cats that will be now without a protector :(

I would love to take on a kitten in memory of Jackie but I suppose its just a knee jerk reaction and I shouldn't...there will be a lot of work and sorting to be done now as I know that the sanctuary was still a council and house and they will now want it back asap :cry: please anyone who knows what is happening let me know if I can be of any help...I would like to very much.

Oh no this is such a shock. She is a lovely woman.

Poor Jackie. I knew about it earlier, but thought Id let someone else confirm it. She did so many good things. Hope all the cats get new homes. Rest easy Jackie R.I.P X :(

What a loss helped jackie in the past with magsie,what will happen now such a shame and wonder what will happen to all the cats

I think a lot of what happens at this point will come down to what happens to the house. If there's no way that the rescue is going to continue at the house then the only people who may have the space to take all of the cats in are the RSPCA as they can spread out the number amongst several shelters, because I know that there are literally no other rescue places available for cats in Sheffield at the moment.

Had Jackie been ill i hadnt seen her for a while

Oh poor Jackie, I met her a couple of times. Lovely lady & so passionate about the cats in her care. Truly hope someone is able to take care of them. If help is needed to dismantle & re-assemble the cat houses I'm sure I can help out somewhere. RIP Jackie x

So very sorry to hear this. A lovely lady who saved so many cats. God bless.x.

Very sad news,made worse by the fact that she did so much for others and she died alone in bed..RIP Jackie x