Female Urethritus advice, can you get it from swimming?

Does anyone have any experience of this? I think this is what I am experiencing. My wee tube feels kind of bruised & tender & I have the feeling like I want to pee all the time. I've had Cystitis before but it feels different to that. The urine I pass is normal amounts & is clear. I had this last week as well. I started on the Cymalon sachets straight away & drank loads of water. Docs prescribed 3 days Trimoprethin in case it was bacterial. It cleared up but the same symptoms are back again. I've googled & it sounds like Urethritis. So now I'm trying to work out what is causing it.

I would like to know if anyone on here has heard of ladies getting Urethritis from the swimming pool because I have just started swimming again. The same symptoms started both times a day or so after I've swum. I've always used King Edwards & have not had this problem before. So could the two be connected? Thanks.

I have had similar symptoms before, but I was suffering from an E. coli infection. It started like this, but weeks later I experienced terrible sickness.