Let us discuss writing

I am surprised that the Writers Group is pretty quiet … that’s why I thought of saying Let us discuss writing in the hope that some energy and time is put back into this

I suppose I could start by asking what do you like writing about … or how often do you write …. or who reads what you write ….

Any thoughts :(

I am not surprised; it is a minority interest. Those people who have not deteriorated into passive multimedia consumers and sometimes grab a book, are few and far between; the interest from society for the ones who sometimes write themselves is therefore paltry.

That said, I had a day off yesterday and on the spur of the moment, I wrote an absurdist play. I must say, genuinely, that I have not had this much fun in years. I was well-nigh literally on the floor, laughing out loud at my own nonsense. This has given me a new impetus; I was in Bradfield to-day and got some ideas for a few poems. I may even continue work on my novel one of these days.