Selling pups advice (this is not an ad)

Hi guys. I need a bit of an adivice from you lot.

We have had 8 gorgeus Akita pups and at the moment there is only 3 boys left and I just had a call from a guy from Scotland saying he wants all 3 of them and come picks them up today....

Guy claims he has a big house and a very large piece of field and he'll give them a good home... all sounds good and great but my concern is how do i know he is not buying them to sell them further or god knows what else for...

So far we have managed to sell pups to good homes and expierenced Akita owners.

I really need your help on this one.

How can i check this guy? Hope i made a sense of what i wrote down. Thanks

I guess given such a small time frame and him coming frm such a distnce there's not a great deal you can do. Ask him for his address with post code and look it up on google maps. It'll give you an idea of where he lives and whether he's telling the truth about the space he's got. The obvious downfall to that is that he could give you a different address to his but chances are he wouldn't think of that.

Also try a search of his name, you never know, it might turn something up if he works for himself etc.

Sorry I can't be any more help. If you're really not sure, don't sell to him. It'll bother you for evermore.

Are they pedigree? If so, have you endorsed the pedigree with 'not for export' and 'progeny not for registration'? Why would anyone want to buy 3 litter brothers? It's asking for trouble, particularly with large dogs. If you were happy with the man you would not be posting here. Once you have sold them, that's it - you have no say in their future. They are your pups and if you are desperate to move them on you might well be tempted but if you want advice, I would say no.

I've send i'm a text asking for all info about half an hour ago and had no reply so far. Googled mobile he's gave me and came up with an ad he has for pallet removal in Scotland so at least he wasn't lying to where he is from.

I wait and see what is the reply from him but i think i wont sell my boys to him anyway, because i wont be able to sleep at night if i do...

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 10:53 ----------

Are they pedigree? If so, have you endorsed the pedigree with 'not for export' and 'progeny not for registration'? Why would anyone want to buy 3 litter brothers? It's asking for trouble, particularly with large dogs. If you were happy with the man you would not be posting here. Once you have sold them, that's it - you have no say in their future. They are your pups and if you are desperate to move them on you might well be tempted but if you want advice, I would say no.

I rather keep them all then sell them to someone i dont trust...

We have turned away about 15 "dodgy" buyers so far so no i'm not desperate to let them go...

maybe guard dogs on a yard?

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 10:56 ----------

id go with your instinct on this one because you are never going to settle. you are obviously worried now so chances are is that wont go away if you do sell to him. hope this helps

My gut feeling is that this doesn't sound right, I find it hard to believe that he would want all 3 for himself, if they were my pups there is no way that I would want them to go so far so that I couldn't even check it out...he might be legit, but it would be a NO from me for sure.

Thanks all for advice and decision has been made: I'M NOT GOING TO SELL THEM TO THIS GUY.

THANK YOU ALL

Thanks all for advice and decision has been made: I'M NOT GOING TO SELL THEM TO THIS GUY.

THANK YOU ALL

Well for what its worth I think that you're doing the right thing, they will find nice normal homes with families, and in closer places so that you can check it out and be sure that they will be ok.

Would love to see a pic of them by the way, Akita pups are so gorgeous :)

Well for what its worth I think that you're doing the right thing, they will find nice normal homes with families, and in closer places so that you can check it out and be sure that they will be ok.

Would love to see a pic of them by the way, Akita pups are so gorgeous :)

I'm not sure if i can post them here but drop me an pm with your email and i will send a few out and yes they are lovely small bears :)

I'm not sure if i can post them here but drop me an pm with your email and i will send a few out and yes they are lovely small bears :)

Aww they always look so cuddly :) I will send my email to you in PM, I will put the pictures on for you if you like?

Just want to add I also believe you have made the right decision & of course we always need pictures of the little cuddly bears

Right decision i think!!

What did the man say when you told him?