Brentford vs Blades 10/08/13

You'll not find many Blades on here saying different ATM

To me Heaven isn't getting promotion to the championship

Nor the Prem

To me Heaven is spending time with my Grand kids while I can

indeed dude thats a good form of heaven, but to footy fans gaining promotion, winning etc also is

You'll not find many Blades on here saying different ATM

To me Heaven isn't getting promotion to the championship

Nor the Prem

To me Heaven is spending time with my Grand kids while I can

Well good on ya paul,and i hope you have many years to do that,but i had my two for two days last week,omg i love em to bits but thank god they didnt stop any longer:hihi:

dint know cuttsie was a wednesdayite????

the point is, walking the league / winning promotion IS heaven so it stands :hihi:

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 18:10 ----------

errrrm not sure how to answer that Oo

depends whats being perked up i suppose :hihi:

I'm not after that performance today ! until the next time that is.;)

By the way I watched Matlock Town play Leicester City reserves at the Causway on Thursday night [score 2-1 to the foxes] and there was more skill and commitment from the semi pro's of Matlock than was evident from the Owls today.

What Wednesday need is some Abourthorne and Parsons Cross lads in the team who know what it is to be a born and bred supporter of a Sheffield toga! club .

What Wednesday need is some Abourthorne and Parsons Cross lads in the team who know what it is to be a born and bred supporter of a Sheffield toga! club .

Like this?

Like this?

not quite like that no :hihi:

More like this then Mel

All dressed ready just need another sub

More like this then Mel

All dressed ready just need another sub

is that the SF footy section christmas party???

When I was playing proper football in the 50's and early 60's !you know that was when we had 5 forwards 3 half backs 2 full backs and a goalie.

Well at that time there was no 5-4 -1 or 4-3-3 or ten men in defence who tried to stop one man upfront scoring no! The game was played to the system how it had always been, you know what I mean! the centre forward was marked by the centre half ,the right winger by the left back and so on.

This lead to blood and thunder games with personal on pitch duels that carried on season after season , no rolling about like faries every time you got a kick from a proper toe capped boot, no running to touch line for drinkies every time the game got held up while all and sundry surrounded the ref because Deago or Michelangalow had got a bit of cramp and had decided to have a lay down for 10 mins etc.

And contrary to some on here who have decided to follow the lead of Deago and the big fairy Michelangalow we called it Toga or Togga or for the sake of overseas fans! Tooga.

Like I say on our thread its gonna be a hard season,you guys thought Weir was going to take you lot to heaven wonder if he stood with his arms folded.:hihi:

You must be thinking of a church revival meeting, please point out where anyone on here said that we were going to heaven with David Weir?

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 20:38 ----------

Thanks mate the quote heaven was walking promotion which like you said is the same.

Heaven and walking promotion are the same? Dobby mate, you used to be one of the posters on here (as long as I have been on here), who was sensible and with a little bit of banter and a dig (acceptable from anyone who is generally sensible), and I always used to call you out as one of the decent posters (along with Nervy, Gazza and the other good lads), but in the space of a few weeks you seem to have some bitterness, not sure why, and if it is a personal issue thats fine, I have had two pieces of very tragic news in the last few weeks, that some people on here know about, but I refuse to let it change me.

Come on Dobby, get back to your old ways, knowledgeable posts, a bit of light hearted fun, believe me when I tell you that life is too short mate.

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 20:41 ----------

When I was playing proper football in the 50's and early 60's !you know that was when we had 5 forwards 3 half backs 2 full backs and a goalie.

Well at that time there was no 5-4 -1 or 4-3-3 or ten men in defence who tried to stop one man upfront scoring no! The game was played to the system how it had always been, you know what I mean! the centre forward was marked by the centre half ,the right winger by the left back and so on.

This lead to blood and thunder games with personal on pitch duels that carried on season after season , no rolling about like faries every time you got a kick from a proper toe capped boot, no running to touch line for drinkies every time the game got held up while all and sundry surrounded the ref because Deago or Michelangalow had got a bit of cramp and had decided to have a lay down for 10 mins etc.

And contrary to some on here who have decided to follow the lead of Deago and the big fairy Michelangalow we called it Toga or Togga or for the sake of overseas fans! Tooga.

I still think it is "Togger" Cuttsie, but "Togga" will do pal! :hihi:

Edited by Grappler

Great day yesterday apart from the game. I did something I very rarely do yesterday and left when there 3rd goal went in as I honestly thought we were dreadful .

Can't recall us being that bad under Wilson if I'm honest . :(

Weirs trying to play a certain style of football and it ain't gunna happen overnight but god we need a plan b .

1 upfront without someone like macca just isn't going to work , Taylor looked so isolated , and I'm baffled as to why the defenders seemed to have been instructed never to put there foot through the ball , that may work with the players weir is used to working with ie premiership players but our back four certainly aren't what you would call passing defenders . They can pass the ball but but every single time for 90 minutes just isn't going to work .

The most worrying thing about yesterday for me was how unfit and off the pace we looked to them . It was at times embarrassing , how we never won a second ball , race or anything for that matter .

I'm not going to get on their backs because its pointless but something needs to change already for me and quickly because teams will work us out after 5minutes like brentford did yesterday .

Credit to the bees though they were best side we played last year and seem to be the same this year .

Great support from the blades btw

UTB

When all is said and done both clubs are "also rans" and they don't deserve our support sometimes in my honest opinion, where does the **** stop, both set's of fan's deserve so much better...

You must be thinking of a church revival meeting, please point out where anyone on here said that we were going to heaven with David Weir?

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 20:38 ----------

Heaven and walking promotion are the same? Dobby mate, you used to be one of the posters on here (as long as I have been on here), who was sensible and with a little bit of banter and a dig (acceptable from anyone who is generally sensible), and I always used to call you out as one of the decent posters (along with Nervy, Gazza and the other good lads), but in the space of a few weeks you seem to have some bitterness, not sure why, and if it is a personal issue thats fine, I have had two pieces of very tragic news in the last few weeks, that some people on here know about, but I refuse to let it change me.

Come on Dobby, get back to your old ways, knowledgeable posts, a bit of light hearted fun, believe me when I tell you that life is too short mate.

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 20:41 ----------

I still think it is "Togger" Cuttsie, but "Togga" will do pal! :hihi:

I think that we may have to change it again to soccer! you know the same as it is called in North America;)

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 21:54 ----------

Great day yesterday apart from the game. I did something I very rarely do yesterday and left when there 3rd goal went in as I honestly thought we were dreadful .

Can't recall us being that bad under Wilson if I'm honest . :(

Weirs trying to play a certain style of football and it ain't gunna happen overnight but god we need a plan b .

1 upfront without someone like macca just isn't going to work , Taylor looked so isolated , and I'm baffled as to why the defenders seemed to have been instructed never to put there foot through the ball , that may work with the players weir is used to working with ie premiership players but our back four certainly aren't what you would call passing defenders . They can pass the ball but but every single time for 90 minutes just isn't going to work .

The most worrying thing about yesterday for me was how unfit and off the pace we looked to them . It was at times embarrassing , how we never won a second ball , race or anything for that matter .

I'm not going to get on their backs because its pointless but something needs to change already for me and quickly because teams will work us out after 5minutes like brentford did yesterday .

Credit to the bees though they were best side we played last year and seem to be the same this year .

Great support from the blades btw

UTB

There is only one way out of the third division and that is route one !up and at em! no fanying about pretending to be Real Madrid as you will get kicked of the park , so thats it! a battering ram centre forward [O Grady] and a winger [JJ] its not rocket science is it, except to some managers that is.

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 21:59 ----------

When all is said and done both clubs are "also rans" and they don't deserve our support sometimes in my honest opinion, where does the **** stop, both set's of fan's deserve so much better...

Wednesday finished last season in promotion form and then for some reason decide to change the team [as they did at the same time last year]

Some of these expert managers need to sit back and think if it works then why change it!

Edited by cuttsie