Best Wards pubs

I've drunk Banks' when in Birmingham and surrounding areas, nice pint; one of the worst I've ever come across was in Ipswich Tolly Cobbold in 1976.

Yes nice pint Banks's bitter Brummies call it Bonks's bitter used to drink when we lived in Telford for a few years,the worst beer I ever come across was one called Badger beer from down Devon somewhere that was a disgusting pint, tried a few times when I was down there on my travels truck driving.

I've drunk Banks' when in Birmingham and surrounding areas, nice pint; one of the worst I've ever come across was in Ipswich Tolly Cobbold in 1976.

Banks used to be one of the better massed produced beers,since Stones stopped being brewed in Sheffield have now gone onto real ale but can't get it out here so have to drink lager,its drinkable just but after 2 pints have to go on the vino,oh what I'd give for a couple of pints of Absolution.

Banks used to be one of the better massed produced beers,since Stones stopped being brewed in Sheffield have now gone onto real ale but can't get it out here so have to drink lager,its drinkable just but after 2 pints have to go on the vino,oh what I'd give for a couple of pints of Absolution.

Aldi are selling banks in pint bottles at a quid a go and its like nectar .

By the way me and my Mrs once tried a bitter called Directors and I have never been so drunk in my life as I was on that night , just forgot who the brewer was but it was strong stuff.

By the way me and my Mrs once tried a bitter called Directors and I have never been so drunk in my life as I was on that night , just forgot who the brewer was but it was strong stuff.

I'm sure Directors was brewed by Whitbread,wouldn't put my house on it though.

The Nags Head on Shalesmoor had the best pint of Wards when Keith Pawson had it in the 80,s

Don,t know how i got home some nights...:confused:

The Nags Head on Shalesmoor had the best pint of Wards when Keith Pawson had it in the 80,s

Don,t know how i got home some nights...:confused:

Don't know How I got home some mornings when Keith and Anita had the Nags.

I think Director's is from Courage?

I think Director's is from Courage?

Directors is brewed by Courage you can still get it on drought down south and in tins,

I've tried alsorts of different beers since wards went and I just can't seem to take to any,Stones is not the same anymore all pubs seem to sell John Smiths and some other uro fizz type larger,the only beer that I found that was a bit like Wards is Birmingham brewed Banks's bitter and there are not many pubs around here selling it,its a shame really when you think of all the good breweries and all the quality beers that used to be brewed here in Sheffield..

the milestone pub at crystal peaks is a banks' s pub

loved a pint of wards in the bridge inn at heeley,also nice pint of wards in the Victoria at heeley as in round house,always a top pint in there beer kept well by brian in the 80s

miss the beer,it was criminal as the company made a profit,was well liked and is sadly

missed by many thanks

Directors is brewed by Courage you can still get it on drought down south and in tins,

They had it on hand pull at The Nottingham House in Broomhill a couple of years ago.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 23:56 ----------

loved a pint of wards in the bridge inn at heeley,also nice pint of wards in the Victoria at heeley as in round house,always a top pint in there beer kept well by brian in the 80s

miss the beer,it was criminal as the company made a profit,was well liked and is sadly

missed by many thanks

When it was on form there was nothing quite like it, a lovely pint.