Best Wards pubs

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but here goes.

My brother in law has built a bar in his garden shed (pretty impressive) and he is always looking for bits and pieces for it. I have managed to get hold of an old pub sign for him, The Dolphin, with the Wards sign on it. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this pub? Are there any photo's of it, especially with the sign?

I'm afraid i don't know where this pub was, but i thought I'd start here.

Many thanks.

Mike

My brother in law has built a bar in his garden shed (pretty impressive) and he is always looking for bits and pieces for it. I have managed to get hold of an old pub sign for him, The Dolphin, with the Wards sign on it. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this pub? Are there any photo's of it, especially with the sign?

Many thanks.

Mike

The Dolphin pub was on Adsett street grimesthorpe it was demolished a long time ago I think in the 1970s apparently a small pub in the middle of some terraced houses.

In town, it was difficult to beat the Red House on Solly Street, with the the Shakespeare a close second. Many a Friday lunchtime session in both of those.

the hand-pulled Wards in the Red house was abslolutely superb:hihi:

Honourable mentions must also go to the following pubs...................

The Crinoline

The Nags Head

The Red Lion

I once had a job doing the aerial work in the red house a few years ago, the landlord asked us if we wanted a drink after we had done the work,all I can remember of that night was getting in a taxi home after having spent the money I got for the job in the pub, I had to go on the bus the next day to get my van,the trouble with wards beer was once you started swilling it down it sort of caught up with you and before you knew it you were legless :hihi:

The Dolphin pub was on Adsett street grimesthorpe it was demolished a long time ago I think in the 1970s apparently a small pub in the middle of some terraced houses.

Thank you, does anyone have any photos?

Was the loyal standard a wards house? Cannot remember the road it was on

Would that be the Royal Standard on St. Mary's Road?

m&p

thanks m&p thats the rd we used to go in at dinnertime from granville college

but dont recognise the picture in the following post

Many thanks.

Mike

Hi, The Dolphin is / was at Keadby or just before the king George 6th bridge on the left of the main road to Guness, Scunthorpe.

In my part of Sheffield anyway; Tea Gardens (Grimesthorpe Road), Crown Inn (Forncett Street)