Tesco butchers shut for eid?

By law shops that cover a larger area can not open Easter Sunday or Christmas day, so it's not something the store can help, so obviously not there fault equals.Not poor service!

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 09:47 ----------

End of the day meat is meat no matter how it's slaughtered

Why would anyone that isn't Muslim want to eat Halal meat, anyway?

Because the Halal counter in Tesco nr the Wicker has some lovely chicken which is marinated in lovely sauces.

Because the Halal counter in Tesco nr the Wicker has some lovely chicken which is marinated in lovely sauces.

This ^^^^^^

I have two piri-piri marinated baby chickens in my freezer. And the drumsticks and legs are great on a BBQ.

By law shops that cover a larger area can not open Easter Sunday or Christmas day, so it's not something the store can help, so obviously not there fault equals.Not poor service.

In other words it is poor service but poor service dictated by an act of parliament rather than by a management decision .

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 10:30 ----------

Not the Britain we're used to though is it. :roll:

Ah well, guess all good things come to an end eventually.

One Tesco's butchers counter in Sheffield suddenly is all Britain, is it? And Eid is the only thing that has changed Britain, is it? Go back to any point in Britain's past and you wouldn't be used to it now and for no reason connected to Eid.

I find it good, that tesco respects a religion, and didn't make the people open, on what is the Muslim equivalent of our Christmas. If the store was made to open Christmas day, we'd be upset. It was only one butchers, which sells hal al meat. sorry if I got the spelling wrong.

I find it good, that tesco respects a religion, and didn't make the people open, on what is the Muslim equivalent of our Christmas. If the store was made to open Christmas day, we'd be upset. It was only one butchers, which sells hal al meat. sorry if I got the spelling wrong.

Make what people open? Do tesco only employ Muslim butchers? Are (insert other religion here) butchers not allowed to work on that counter?

Make what people open? Do tesco only employ Muslim butchers? Are (insert other religion here) butchers not allowed to work on that counter?

The 'normal' meat counter was open.

The halal counter is operated by the national halal food group, so tesco have nothing to do with employment, opening/closing times/days etc.

Sorry to inform you but Jesus was born in march........or June .......

Real thing..... I believe you.... ?

Or September.

Christmas was formed by overlaying the Christian festival on the pre-existing ancient Pagan festival, Yule.

Why isn't Eid overlaid on Christmas?

The 'normal' meat counter was open.

That didn't answer one single thing I asked.

That didn't answer one single thing I asked.

No, Tesco don't only employ Muslim butchers.

The counter only sells halal meat, so it probably wouldn't be economically viable to have it open when most of their customers are sat at home partying.

Just common sense really.

If you come to Britain to live YOU should abide by British law and all that goes whith it no exceptions.