Tesco butchers shut for eid?

Bet a lot of the stuck up, vacuous British ''posh'' housewives who shop there, and also M&S, don't know that!! :hihi:

..never been the same since they stopped stocking Matzos crackers...maybe there has been an Islamic takeover after all ;)

Am I missing something? The butchers in tesco is closed for eid. Is there something in the Quran that says butchers are closed on eid but not fishmongers in large supermarkets? Perhaps they have only Muslim butchers? I can't get my bones now :(

I have only been in this store a few times but I do recall the butchers counter being very different to other Tesco's and only displaying Halal meat so this is probably why.

I have only been in this store a few times but I do recall the butchers counter being very different to other Tesco's and only displaying Halal meat so this is probably why.

There are 2 butchers' counters. The large halal one and a separate 'normal' one between the fish counter and deli.

There are 2 butchers' counters. The large halal one and a separate 'normal' one between the fish counter and deli.

Ah thank you for that, I missed the other :)

Is this a problem for you?

It would be a problem for local non muslims that regularly use that butchers.

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 21:27 ----------

Forget my last post, just seen this.

Am I missing something? The butchers in tesco is closed for eid. Is there something in the Quran that says butchers are closed on eid but not fishmongers in large supermarkets? Perhaps they have only Muslim butchers? I can't get my bones now :(

I would assume the butchers are Muslims and have a day off as it is Eid hence it was closed. I guess they would be back open tomorrow.

Eid is a very significant festival which is celebrated by the believers of the fastest growing religion in the UK and across the world. It also has a significant effect on our local economy. It means that on a random day of the week which changes every year, millions of people across Britain want a day off. This Eid it has also meant that Meadowhall has seen an increase of sales of 5.5% during the weeks leading to Eid and 3% on the day itself. Without surprise our Cinemas would be very busy this evening and for a few days to come. This Saturday (tomorrow) there is also an event in Millhouses park to celebrate Eid.

You never know. One day there might even be 'after-Eid' sales like boxing day sales, as the market is hugh and expanding. However, for those who don't celebrate it there would always be the downturn of having to do a longer shift or waiting a day for the butchers. To be fair its not much different to a Christmas day off. I personally do not celebrate Christmas. However, I love the day off and the lights in town. And I certainly don't mind staying in all day as every place is shut. Change is coming and I think it would be embrace nicely once people start understanding it more. :)

Don't think it's anything to do with Eid, the butchers and the fishmongers close at late evening on every day.

Very poor service if it was closed

Don't think it's anything to do with Eid, the butchers and the fishmongers close at late evening on every day.

I think the sign saying "closed for eid" might prove you wrong. :roll:

Very poor service if it was closed

The whole store is closed Christmas day.... Is that also poor service?

I would assume the butchers are Muslims and have a day off as it is Eid hence it was closed. I guess they would be back open tomorrow.

Eid is a very significant festival which is celebrated by the believers of the fastest growing religion in the UK and across the world. It also has a significant effect on our local economy. It means that on a random day of the week which changes every year, millions of people across Britain want a day off. This Eid it has also meant that Meadowhall has seen an increase of sales of 5.5% during the weeks leading to Eid and 3% on the day itself. Without surprise our Cinemas would be very busy this evening and for a few days to come. This Saturday (tomorrow) there is also an event in Millhouses park to celebrate Eid.

You never know. One day there might even be 'after-Eid' sales like boxing day sales, as the market is hugh and expanding. However, for those who don't celebrate it there would always be the downturn of having to do a longer shift or waiting a day for the butchers. To be fair its not much different to a Christmas day off. I personally do not celebrate Christmas. However, I love the day off and the lights in town. And I certainly don't mind staying in all day as every place is shut. Change is coming and I think it would be embrace nicely once people start understanding it more. :)

Not the Britain we're used to though is it. :roll:

Ah well, guess all good things come to an end eventually.

The whole store is closed Christmas day.... Is that also poor service?

No Christmas is a real thing, eid is some day when the moon might shine but not if its cloudy.