Anybody in South Sheffield missing a ginger tom?

This morning a ginger tom that is very friendly and basically skin and bone turned up at a nursing home in Norton and jumped in repeatedly through an open window.

They have fed him some salmon and done the most appropriate thing to finding him his home or a space in rescue, which is calling me.

I'm about to go with a basket and some food to take him to see if he's got a microchip.

Anybody missing him? Please let me know.

Thanks

He's about average for a very very thin yearling kitten. He's entire and not microchipped, sadly, but he's a really sweet little boy who is clearly a pet who would love nothing more than to lie in your arms and be protected.

Unfortunately there are no rescue places available in Sheffield presently, especially for a thin but healthy tom who has someone to feed him where he is. Quite rightly the rescue space goes to mums with litters and those who are unwell, injured or otherwise at risk.

So- is anybody potentially interested in homing this little lad? He's got the most adorable bright pink nose.

He could be mine, is he solid ginger?

He is solid ginger- when has yours been missing since?

Do you have a photo of him? If you have a good photo of his face please forward it to my forum email address on medusa@s-f.co.uk

I'll send it to you, its a pic of him when he was younger

What a shame, this cat isn't Peaches' cat.

Oh well. If we don't find this little one's real home (and I've spoken to every vets and every place that keeps a lost and found register in Sheffield, so I doubt that we will) one of the nursing staff at the home has just asked whether she can be first in the queue for taking him home, and since she's the one who offered him shelter I think that's quite appropriate.

I've wormed and flea treated him so that he can get the most nutrients out of the food that he's now getting, and he's settled quite happily in a spare room in the building for the moment. Now he just needs to lose two small (not actually THAT small!) parts of his anatomy and he'll be a perfect pet :)

Oh bless him. At least if no one comes forward he's got a home to go to, he's luckier than a lot of stray/lost moggies

You do fab work Medusa, I wish I could take him in, but we are up to 3 now and thats our limit. Anna xx

I'm at my limit too, sadly :( This little one will get all he needs though, which is the next best thing to being able to take them in yourself, isn't it?

He's much sweeter and cuter than my ginger boy Isaac, who is 7kg of stroppy muscle. Wonder if I could swap them without anybody noticing?

Is there any possibility it could be this little man ? It is an old pic so he is 14 now and thinner and been missing from Doncaster for weeks :(

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151584096706864&set=gm.495129683898072&type=1&theater

Edited by jodyallen
managed to get a pic on.