Problem with bios

:help:Hi all I got a problem with my bios on my motherboard it a bios problems its a Foxconn n15235 I'm running xp on a dule core 3.0ghz the problem is on bios I can't over clock it should be 800 on it but it gives me 220 lowest and 233 highest on over clocking and all bios is rong but I gaming fine exp when it comes to inter playing it says pc to slow and kicks me I got plenty of ram and two hdd. At 500g can eney1 help as I want full protensel. Out of my pc cheers

:help:

Are you saying it's fine if you play offline but there's a problem if you play online ?

From how i read it it's a connection speed problem not a pc based one. Then again i'm not a gamer so have no experience in this area.

Let me get this straight. You're trying to tell us you think you can get an 800mhz bus speed on what will be an i3 at best which means at stock your multiplier would have to be 3.75.

Not remotely possible. Even the WORLD RECORD holders for overclocking Intel could have only managed to push into the low 230s, with multipliers into the 30s

Roughly, at stock 3.0ghz, will be around 200 x 14 (approximately, processor dependant, but nowhere near 800 x whatever)

Let me get this straight. You're trying to tell us you think you can get an 800mhz bus speed on what will be an i3 at best which means at stock your multiplier would have to be 3.75.

Not remotely possible. Even the WORLD RECORD holders for overclocking Intel could have only managed to push into the low 230s, with multipliers into the 30s

Roughly, at stock 3.0ghz, will be around 200 x 14 (approximately, processor dependant, but nowhere near 800 x whatever)

He surely can't mean that ? Can he ? :huh:

It's only a guess because of the poor English of the OP, but logical when you consider that when overclocking a CPU it's really down to 3 factors:

Bus speed

Multiplier

Voltage

You can overclock other parts like RAM and GPU but those are separate to the CPU OC.

Are you running an Intel CPU? If so, 200 mhz is the quickest it will run (without overclocking). The 800mhz refers to the "quad pumped" technology that makes the fsb do more work per clock cycle. You can't get the actual fsb to run at 800mhz. If it's already running at 220/230, it's already above speed. So 220 will be 880 taking into account quad pumping.

So, in BIOS your fsb will show up in the 200s, not 800s, because that's the "physical" speed of the hardware (if you get me).

If you get a program like CPU-Z it will show you the clock details - bus speed will be somewhere around 200, and RATED bus speed will be somewhere near 800mhz (not taking into account overclocking).

Edited by Jim78

It's only a guess because of the poor English of the OP,

If you check the op's history he has been asked a few times to not use text speak and to use a spell checker

Sounds to me like the cmos has somehow been reset to the default settings. I'm not massively competent on things like this but surely the bios must have been flashed at some point to accomplish the multiplier settings needed to overclock.

Like I say i'm no expert, but if I was going out to look at something like this that would be the first thing I would check.

Have you been messing in the bios?

Mod Note: Please refrain from personal attacks on the forum and keep on topic...

And with that said, the answer has already been given...

Intel work on Dual or Quad pumping the FSB (Front Side Bus) - a 200 FSB would give an 800 when Quad Pumped...

800/4 = 200

so setting your BIOS to 220, will mean it's 220*4 = 880 - so your FSB would be 880

Your CPU being 3.0Ghz, would have a "200" FSB, and a x15 multiplier..

using it at 220 FSB would give you 3300, or 3.3Ghz - this might not be stable though, and unless you know these basics, you shouldn't really be looking into overclocking.. your PC is fine, and at it's full potential...

The correct way to overclock would be to keep it at 3.0Ghz while raising the FSB, up and dropping the multiplier, until its unstable then you drop the FSB by a couple, then raise the multiplier...

This gives you the maximum stable FSB for your system (CPU, MotherBoard etc) - then you raise the multiplier to pull out at much from it as you can, you may still need to reduce the FSB more to keep stability..

Beyond this, there's lots of other things to take into account, like CPU Voltage, RAM FSB/Speed and Voltage, Motherboard Chipset Speed, and voltage..

Overclocking isn't as simple as changing a couple of numbers in the BIOS.

Edited by Ghozer

Really sounds like the op should leave the overclocking alone. As stated previously, sounds like they are being kicked for too high a ping or connection speed.