Carterknowle road? What is it like to live in this area?

Hi

I am currently looking for a house to rent and have recently viewed one on Carterknowle road.

I was wondering whether any one knows whether this area is in the catchment for King Egberts secondary school and if it is what is the area like to live in?

We are used to living on the outskirts of Sheffield in a quite area so this will obviously be a big change, I just want to make sure the area is safe and generally just has a nice feel?

Thank you

Amy

Which end of Carterknowle Road? I think the top end is in Silverdale/High Storrs catchment.

It's the end nearest to Abbeydale road?

In that case it might be in King Ecgbert's catchment but I can't say for sure. It's a bus route and a generally busy road but I'm not aware of any issues there, although in my opinion the top end has the nicer "feel", it's a bit dark and shady down towards Abbeydale Road with a lot of onstreet parking.

Thanks so much for the reply I have just checked out the distance from the house to both Silverdale and King Ecbert's and both are under ten minutes. Its more because my little sister goes to Totley All Saints and we want her to continue with her friends into secondary school so we are moving closer to the school although we cannot afford to rent in Totley we heard that the some of the S7 area is within the catchment area. I was worried about the parking situation as we have two cars in the household, however the house I recently looked at has off street parking. I just wanted to scope out the areas safety as that is paramount for us as a family.

You don't really notice the traffic on the road if you're really near the bottom the road noise from Abbeydale is much more noticeable. Some of the big house are split into flats or bedsits so multiple occupancy and there are usually people walking up or down so it doesn't seem like a ghost town. Not aware of any particular problems although the busy doctors surgery at the bottom can mean quite a lot of people wanting to park up. at times

You can view school catchment areas via the Sheffield Council site. Carterknowle is certainly catchment, as is Holt House. St Wilfrids is in that area too.

Re area - it is nice. I am from that area - not too much trouble. Fairly peaceful.

I live towards the top end but the bottom end also has some nice houses and is nearer abbeydale road which as you will know has loads more places to eat in terms of diversity. No problems at all.

Not too good a bus service on the road itself; better at the Ecclesall Road and Abbeydale Road ends.