National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

Boil Friday, gotcha !!

you now have to revert to homophobic insults of the most obscene type to try and get one back, mods, are you going to allow such homophobic language like that ?

Boil Friday, gotcha !!

you now have to revert to homophobic insults of the most obscene type to try and get one back, mods, are you going to allow such homophobic language like that ?

Surely a 3 day ban at least.

Boil Friday, gotcha !!

Surely a 3 day ban at least.

Oh lordy, you snivelling little snitches.

Why don't you two get a room...with soundproofing.

Increase eh? Care to share the figures over the last decade with us?

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-development/series/provisional-uk-official-development-assistance-as-a-proportion-of-gross-national-income

That only goes up to 2011 before the current huge 35% increase in the last year but hopefully everyone is aware of them.

You don't seem like one of the PC knicker wetter lefties to me, you know what the man said was true even if you doin't loike (for our Irish viewrs) the Bongo, Bongo land bit

I ain't no leftie, but my pants are sodden.

Why didn't he just say, 'some corrupt leaders in Africa?'

Because "Bongo Bongo land" has more resonance? Would we be talking about him 2 weeks later on a 21 page thread if he had said "some corrupt leaders in Africa"?

Because "Bongo Bongo land" has more resonance? Would we be talking about him 2 weeks later on a 21 page thread if he had said "some corrupt leaders in Africa"?

Probably not, but equally how many of the people still talking about it have had their opinions of UKIP changed by his comments?

While his comments may have attracted some people to support the party, they're just as likely to have caused others to have decided they are actually just a "more acceptable" version of the BNP and conclude they're not suitable for leadership.

I saw the man being interviewed hat night on Channel 4. He didn't complete the interview and consequently walked out. It made him look a joke and most unprofessional and showed him up for what he is. I was reminded of the old saying 'if you can't tand the heat'...

I am glad he is not my MP. Just imagine if he had a list of African constituents lining up in his surgery the next day. Disgraceful comment and behaviour and cannot be expected to be taken seriously, even though his age group may have once used those words to describe Africans.

Edited by poppet2

...I am glad he is not my MP. Just imagine if he had a list of African constituents lining up in his surgery the next day. Disgraceful comment and behaviour.

He's not anybody's MP. He is an MEP and I doubt many of his constituents could (prior to his recent 'few minutes of fame') have identified him.

When I last lived in the UK, my MEP was a bloke called 'Erin'. I'd no idea who Erin was and I didn't even know (until she quit) that she was a she and not a he.

(She went up in my estimation when she did resign. The reason she gave was: "I've no idea who my constituents are and they've no idea who I am. How can I claim to represent people when I know nothing about them and know nothing about their needs?)

I think 'MEP' stands for "More European Pay.' Getting paid (and getting paid expenses) seems to be what they do best.

I saw the man being interviewed hat night on Channel 4. He didn't complete the interview and consequently walked out. It made him look a joke and most unprofessional. I was reminded of the old saying 'if you can't tand the heat'...

I am glad he is not my MP. Just imagine if he had a list of African constituents lining up in his surgery the next day. Disgraceful comment and behaviour.

He does represent us, he's a Yorkshire and Humber MEP. Don't worry he's doing us proud, he's had to be "helped" out of the chamber at least a couple of times for being drunk. He also admits to visiting brothels in Hong Kong.

Probably not, but equally how many of the people still talking about it have had their opinions of UKIP changed by his comments?

While his comments may have attracted some people to support the party, they're just as likely to have caused others to have decided they are actually just a "more acceptable" version of the BNP and conclude they're not suitable for leadership.

He has also managed to appeal to all the closet racists out there, who will no doubt vote for him during the MEP elections next year. Nothing like being a self publicist.

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 21:49 ----------

He also admits to visiting brothels in Hong Kong.

Another fact-finding mission, no doubt!