National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

What happens when there is a disaster? DEC run a series of adverts asking for charitable contributions, which they get. That's nothing to do with the aid budget, disaster response has always been largely funded by individual charitable donations and quite rightly so. So lets not pretend the DfID budget is about emergency response, it isn't.

What most people rightly object to is while massive necessary cuts are made at home handouts overseas are ringfenced and it's not paid for even by "belt tightening" at home, it's paid for with entirely borrowed money. We are borrowing money to give it away while slashing services for our people, surely that is utter madness?

The DFID is giving aid to Syria isn't that an emergency response? Charitable contributions can only do so much.

I expect most other Countries whose governments give to foreign aid are in debt and experiencing economic problems, it isn't just us.

Whether Mr Bloom is a serious politician or not is a moot point, but there is little doubt that (notwithstanding his unfortunate choice of words) he has touched on a point dear to the hearts of many.

Absolutely.

Such a serious issue demands better politics than Mr Bloom was able to provide for us.

Maybe he should crawl back under the nearest stone and leave the grown ups to decide what to do next. He's clearly not up to that job.

The DFID is giving aid to Syria isn't that an emergency response? Charitable contributions can only do so much.

I expect most other Countries whose governments give to foreign aid are in debt and experiencing economic problems, it isn't just us.

I have not seen any DFiD figures on aid to "syria"..where the hell is that aid going? The islamist rats brewing up their victims corpses as "death wine" or assads jolly murderous crew?

To Syria, not one penny.

Historical French mandate, regional problem, nothing to do with the British taxpayer. Let us grow a set and learn when not to get involved. We are so long past being world police it is silly. So as there is no upside for us in any event, take the same approach as sweden or norway would, hope earnestly "it all works out very nice for all the peoples involving in the shouting and fighting and such" and do nothing and pay nothing.

Absolutely.

Such a serious issue demands better politics than Mr Bloom was able to provide for us.

Maybe he should crawl back under the nearest stone and leave the grown ups to decide what to do next. He's clearly not up to that job.

Unfortunately the 'grown ups' are the idiots who have decided it makes sense to protect 'Foreign Aid' whilst cutting services.

These 'grown ups' are too busy placating liberals who are so busy bending backwards to prove they aren't rascist they have tied themselves in knots and are actually discriminating against British citizens. Maybe they should get off their gravy train and crawl under their own stones?

I think the man is filth. Probably can't get it up anymore and taking his frustration out on others. Oh maybe the right find that offensive, but them that's just them being over sensitive and pc

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 01:27 ----------

Whether Mr Bloom is a serious politician or not is a moot point, but there is little doubt that (notwithstanding his unfortunate choice of words) he has touched on a point dear to the hearts of many.

Cameron appears to support UK aid in its present form with no changes.

Bloom appears to think that there should be radical changes.

It will be up to the voters to decide.

I agree we shouldn't be giving all this foreign aid at the expense of our own people given all the cuts we are having, but this man's wording proves he is an out and out racist, it's less the money with him and more the colour of the people getting it

The filth are the ones on the left who think that a man saying a naughty word is a bigger deal than Britain borrowing billions of pounds to give to countries that have nuclear weapons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by janie48

I think the man is filth. Probably can't get it up anymore and taking his frustration out on others. Oh maybe the right find that offensive, but them that's just them being over sensitive and pc

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 01:27 ----------

I agree we shouldn't be giving all this foreign aid at the expense of our own people given all the cuts we are having, but this man's wording proves he is an out and out racist, it's less the money with him and more the colour of the people getting it

So you agree with him but at the same time hate him because he said bongo bongo land rather than the myriad of actual names of third world corrupt crapholes we pour money into at the expense of our people and to no benefit of their people just their latest coup leaders and cronies?

Seems a stupid position to hold to me.

I have not seen any DFiD figures on aid to "syria"..where the hell is that aid going? The islamist rats brewing up their victims corpses as "death wine" or assads jolly murderous crew?

To Syria, not one penny.

Historical French mandate, regional problem, nothing to do with the British taxpayer. Let us grow a set and learn when not to get involved. We are so long past being world police it is silly. So as there is no upside for us in any event, take the same approach as sweden or norway would, hope earnestly "it all works out very nice for all the peoples involving in the shouting and fighting and such" and do nothing and pay nothing.

All I know is that it was announced that money was going to humanitarian aid for Syria. As far as I'm aware no leader of any other party voiced any objection at the time and quite right too.

All I know is that it was announced that money was going to humanitarian aid for Syria. As far as I'm aware no leader of any other party voiced any objection at the time and quite right too.

I think most of us take such 'announcements' with a pinch of salt.

Which Swiss Bank Account did the money go into?

If it went to the rebels, how much does it cost to buy a raggedy-edged knife to decapitate somebody with?

You can pick up a half-decent assault rifle and a case of ammo for a few bob in that part of the world.

How much 'humanitarian aid' can you provide with an AK47?

I think most of us take such 'announcements' with a pinch of salt.

Which Swiss Bank Account did the money go into?

If it went to the rebels, how much does it cost to buy a raggedy-edged knife to decapitate somebody with?

You can pick up a half-decent assault rifle and a case of ammo for a few bob in that part of the world.

How much 'humanitarian aid' can you provide with an AK47?

Scroll down to the end of this page and you will see where the aid is going.https://www.gov.uk/government/news/syria-the-latest-updates-on-uk-aid

Scroll down to the end of this page and you will see where the aid is going.https://www.gov.uk/government/news/syria-the-latest-updates-on-uk-aid

Can you read?

DEC, DEC, DEC as I said.

Your and my charity. Well in this case yours as I'm not funding that.

DfID talk about what UK aid is doing like it's their aid, it's not its charity raised by DEC. In this case from well intentioned mugs funding jihad.