Bumble Bees in my loft

We leave the windows open but they just buzz round the house. My partner is terrified of them!

Have you blocked there entrance up if so un block it . They are a protected species so no proper company will try to kill them they would lose there licence and get a hefty fine. Its an impossibility to get rid NOW as they can buzz arou nd outside for days .

Edited by spider1

They are not a protected species. I don't want them killed off anyway I want them moved.

Answers I was looking for when I came on here are liek use smoke they might move away, contact this bee keeper he will take them etc etc

They are not a protected species. I don't want them killed off anyway I want them moved.

Answers I was looking for when I came on here are liek use smoke they might move away, contact this bee keeper he will take them etc etc

If they are bumble bees they are not protected species in as such . But if you try to poisen there hives there are very strict rules bees flying around with poisen in there bodies may get nasty what if your partner got stung by one of these.

Edited by spider1

If they are bumble bees they are protected species

They aren't actually, but they are terrifically important.

They aren't actually, but they are terrifically important.

I completely agree.

Bumble Bees are docile and will not pose a threat to you if left undisturbed. They will have vacated by mid to the end of August and will not return to the same place. The only way to have them removed is by a bee keeper, not by exterminating them with pesticide as they are a protected species and protected by law.

I have bumble bees in my loft.

The council want £48 to for pest control to remove them.

Does anyone know a free alternative, Is there anything that will drive them away?

:help:

Bumble Bees are more or less solitary Bees.

Bee are not protected but ...........

Cases involving prosecution of persons found to have killed bee nests have invariably been related to the misuse of poisons or health and safety. For an example see fined for killing bees and for more information relating to pest control and bees see pest controllers and bees.

If you have bees in your garden you are very fortunate. Bees are wonderful pollinators and important to the natural cycle that puts food on our tables. To find out more see why bees are important to us.

Source

http://www.walkingthetmb.com/beeswarm/arebeesaprotectedspecies.html