Paper route-how much does it pay?

it may sound a daft question but I am short of money and have to do whatever it takes to help pay the bills.so how much does a paper route generally pay-like how many papers to how many houses etc?thankyou

For starters, it's a paper ROUND.

I don't think any round is supposed to take longer than 30 mins by law now.

It depends on the shop. One shop I worked for as a kid paid only a few quid for both morning and evening papers. (£10) The next shop I worked for paid nearly £15 per week for just the morning papers.

It isn't really a lot. You would also have to declare to the tax man, benefits agency (depending on if you claim benefits, not assuming you are).

It won't pay a great deal, you best asking in your local news agents.

Talking of paper rounds, are they still popular? I can't remember the last time I saw one morning or night.

It depends on the shop. One shop I worked for as a kid paid only a few quid for both morning and evening papers. (£10) The next shop I worked for paid nearly £15 per week for just the morning papers.

It isn't really a lot. You would also have to declare to the tax man, benefits agency (depending on if you claim benefits, not assuming you are).

Hi Alison, I used to remember doing 2 paper rounds daily (morn & evening) when I lived in Tottenham for a while during my younger years, trust me on a Sunday the bag was back breaking.

IMS I think I got about £5-£6 for both rounds which, I suppose in 1969-70 was not bad, it may have been less or slightly more.

I also did one in Sheffield from 13 -16 delivering Stars in the 70's all along Frecheville, happy days. I think a paper round was a good grounding for lots of kids, it gave us a little insight into work, but also gave us some independence.

Sunday's were an ass! Some houses having more than one Sunday paper. Plus the magazines in them. But indeed they were a good insight into work. And was partly a source of my income as a kid. Since I didn't get much pocket money.

Have you thought about distributing leaflets, it's only one one day a week. I used

to take them to people's houses in bulk who then delivered them house to house and one guy used the money to pay his bills.

I used to live near page hall.

I did 2 rounds in a morning and 2 at night. Also did Sunday mornings and I was there when they started the Sunday Supplements.