Morrisons Halfway - perfect place to steal

I had a relative 'lose' her purse yesterday at Morrisons at Halfway. At the same time time she 'lost' her purse, two women who were following her around Morrisons left the store with a free trolley's worth of groceries. The two women were spotted by a trolley person, who was nearly ran down for their troubles.

The manager in the store said he was not going to report the theft of the trolley of groceries allegedly.

There were no store detectives on duty and the manager and the policeman both described the cameras in Morrisons as 'crap'

So, if you want to pickpocket, shoplift, lift someones credit cards...please go to Morrisons at Halfway.

We guarantee that there will be no store detectives, no security guards, no high resolution cameras and even if you do pilfer, we may not report it anyway.

Shoplifters of the world unite!

I often eat freddos while walking around this place without paying for them.

I often eat freddos while walking around this place without paying for them.

Watch out we got a badass over here!

I've been known to buy a bag of Jelly babies from there... Rock'n'Roll or what?

Can't really the point in this , post. Why would anyone want to encourage shop lifters? The so called person who allegedly lost their purse probably was in on it as a decoy. And no offense but have you ever had to go through reporting a shoplifters? If you had you'd be aware how long it takes to do such things and I myself do not have time to waste a few hours dealing with this and so don't report everything

Never heard such a load of bunkum and all hearsay:roll:

I had someone try to lift a bag of my groceries from my trolley at the checkout while i was paying

Never heard such a load of bunkum and all hearsay:roll:

Are you new?

My partner was robbed by two women at that Morrisons store a few years ago.

We reported it to the police, the police asked US to ring Morrisons (isn't that err, their job??) and ask if they had any CCTV. It turned out they did (!!!), they'd watched her enter her pin in and then stole her purse from the pram she was pushing (low lifes!) and they then used the cash machines outside.

We got a call a couple of hours later from the police who said they couldn't use the footage (from the cash machines) because it was too low definition. We rang the store, it turned out they hadn't even been to check the footage (they just rang and talked to the manager, which is who we were speaking to). I mean; they could have at least gone to store and looked at the footage and checked to see if they recognised the faces? No? Apparently not!

The police (on this occasion) were absolutely useless. We claimed it back on the house insurance, which turned out to be a big mistake; the next time we went to register for house insurance the price had gone up by more than the amount we had claimed!

I know already. I'm going to get called a liar and this story isn't true, and this doesn't ring true, and blah, blah, blah.

I have to say though, we found the store quite helpful. It was the police who we felt had let us down (I'm not actually sure they did ANYTHING, apart from give us a crime number. Even after we'd done all the running around for them).

Sheffield police are useless, it's no wonder that crime is out of control in the city.

Sheffield police are useless, it's no wonder that crime is out of control in the city.

They were on look north last night, bragging they had reduced fatalities on the road over 10 years. Without mentioning or crediting those results to better quality saver car technologies last ten years.

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 08:30 ----------

Used to shop at morrisons. The one in Hillsborough used to be allright but that one in chappeltown was so dirty I wondered if they ever cleaned it.