Question regarding chicken introduction to Crookes

I think I love Alco.

I wouldn't go near him with a bargepole ... the guy's an imbecile!

Signed, Alco's girlfriend.

I wouldn't go near him with a bargepole ... the guy's an imbecile!

Signed, Alco's girlfriend.

What about poor Jimmy AB?

2nsxpjl.jpg

Sorry, I was out enjoying myself instead of replying to your concerns about chickens.

Yes, you need permission. Or more specifically, you need to not be disallowed...

And chickens will lay eggs without a cockerel, but they will be unfertilised and great for putting with bacon. If you want little fluffy things that grow up to go with roast potatoes, then you need a cockerel...

Sorry, I was out enjoying myself instead of replying to your concerns about chickens.

how can you go out enjoying yourself when poor Alco is being harrassed by chickens

Alco has been at great pains to point out they are not his chickens.

However, using his skills and high tec Area 51 kit you need to take a squiz at your "neighbours" deeds.

There are already some chickens in Crookes - they hang out near Western Road and cluck intermittently. but by the clucking sounds it appears to be small numbers of fowl rather than the vast hordes implied by Alcos query.

Are your cluckers already alighted near Area 51? Do we need to call in a Stephen Hawkings, Algelina Jolie strike force?

Edited by Badgerramble
random number erasing

how can you go out enjoying yourself when poor Alco is being harrassed by chickens

I know. I'm quite ashamed of myself.

Seems there`s more to this than meets the eye, and in fact this thread is a desperate attempt by Alco to start a debate on the merits of Genetically modified Chickens which grown under the correct conditions can grow upto seven feet tall.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Politics/2012/11/01/Chickens-suits-up-again-takes-swipe-at-Bob-Latta.html

I live in Crookes too and someone near us has jut got chickens too, they don't sound like normal chickens though, it's all very strange!

I live in Crookes too and someone near us has jut got chickens too, they don't sound like normal chickens though, it's all very strange!

They could well be the very same chickens! :o Do you live near to 'Area 51 and a half' (within audible clucking distance)?

I think I know what you mean about them not sounding like normal chickens ... do the ones you can hear cluck with a rasp perchance?

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 11:05 ----------

Alco has been at great pains to point out they are not his chickens.

However, using his skills and high tec Area 51 kit you need to take a squiz at your "neighbours" deeds.

There are already some chickens in Crookes - they hang out near Western Road and cluck intermittently. but by the clucking sounds it appears to be small numbers of fowl rather than the vast hordes implied by Alcos query.

Are your cluckers already alighted near Area 51? Do we need to call in a Stephen Hawkings, Algelina Jolie strike force?

Obviously, for security reasons, I can't give out the precise 'Area 51 and a half' location, but let's just say Western Road is in close proximity to the outer high security electrified ring fencing of aforesaid facility.

Sounds like your goodself and scottf could be neighbours of mine. :o

They could well be the very same chickens! :o Do you live near to 'Area 51 and a half' (within audible clucking distance)?

I think I know what you mean about them not sounding like normal chickens ... do the ones you can hear cluck with a rasp perchance?

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 11:05 ----------

Obviously, for security reasons, I can't give out the precise 'Area 51 and a half' location, but let's just say Western Road is in close proximity to the outer high security electrified ring fencing of aforesaid facility.

Sounds like your goodself and scottf could be neighbours of mine. :o

I'm afraid not, I'm further up the road not far from the grindstone pub, wonder if the chicken dealer had a special off on as they do sound like the same chickens???

I'm afraid not, I'm further up the road not far from the grindstone pub, wonder if the chicken dealer had a special off on as they do sound like the same chickens???

I'm not quite sure what's going on here scottf ... from what information I've amassed, there would appear to be at least three separate chicken incidents going off in the Crookes area consecutively.

Firstly we have the reliable chicken sighting ... the one made by me in this thread. This entails a complete gaggle of them, all reliably described (by me) as having the physical attributes of Rhode Island Reds, with their headquarters based in very close proximity to 'Area 51 and a half'. It has been noted that they have a characteristic 'rasp' to their clucks, causing me to conclude they may either be heavy smokers or (more likely) have at one time been force fed asbestos-enriched millet235 (a highly unstable form of chicken feed).

Secondly, we have HappyHatty who started another thread about a stray Rhode Island Red she found walking down a road in Crookes yesterday. This particular chicken is being reunited with her rightful owner this very evening (if my sources are correct). This particular chicken is completely unrelated to the 'Area 51 and a half' sightings.

Now we have your goodself who, by your own admission, lives near the Grindstone ... completely the other end of Crookes entirely. And yet, you too have reported strange chicken clucking noises! This suggests to me a tertiary pocket of poultry! :o

I'm beginning to lose the plot here as I haven't the foggiest idea what's going on! How many chickens are there in the Crookes area for god's sake, and why are they here? ... are they illegal? Should I tell 'The Fox'? What should I ****-a-doodle-do? :huh: