The Cloud - free WiFi (Login problem)

I have a Samsung Galaxy Fit smart phone running on Android (Gingerbread) version.

My local pub must subscribe to Sky and it's free WiFi is The Cloud. I have recently successfully registered but don't seem to be able to get to my google home page to start surfing.

When I am in range of the signal it connects to the internet and from my browser I get The Cloud landing page. Click 'Get online' and then click 'free WiFi' then 'Account Sign In'. It accepts my email address and password but when I click the big 'Continue' button it just takes me straight back to the landing page. I try again and just finish up in a loop.

Anyone had a similar problem or am I doing something wrong?

When you say it takes you back to the landing page, does it say 'Hello <your name> (not you?)' at the top? If so then you are linked go to your bookmarks and pick google that way or type google in the search bar. Cloud doesn't automatically redirect you to your home page.

Also if you are a Sky customer instead of clicking on 'free WiFi' their should be a log in with Sky option. Using this will auto log in every time instead of having to enter e-mail and password every time.

Edited by steroc

Thanks for responding steroc.

I'm not a Sky customer, just trying to blag some free WiFi in my local.

After I click 'continue' and it accepts my email/password (by the way, if I put the wrong password in it comes up with an error message, so it is clearly recognising my Account) it takes me back to the ('Get online') landing page and no sign of Hello [me] ie back to the start of the loop. Also, the bookmarks all take me to the landing page.

Tech is fantastic when it works in a predictable manner but don't you just despair when it doesn't?

The only other thing I can think is that not all Cloud WiFi venues offer free wifi. Some you have to take out a subscription and if you log in without a subscription it will take you back to the landing page and give subscription options down the page.

I'm pretty sure you have to be a sky broadband customer to use their cloud service. I have been somewhere before where the wifi Sky's cloud, but you still had to be a sky broadband customer before you could access it.

I'm pretty sure you have to be a sky broadband customer to use their cloud service. I have been somewhere before where the wifi Sky's cloud, but you still had to be a sky broadband customer before you could access it.

Not in my experience

I play Pub games on Tuesday nights and a few of them have the Cloud and all I have to do is log in with a google email addy and password

No info at all that Sky has, and I have not had a Sky account for at least 6 years

May be it's different if the pub is paying the subscription? I know I went somewhere where sky's cloud provided the wifi and I couldn't connect even though I was a sky TV customer but after I changed my broadband over to sky I could connect. May be it's just a roaming thing :roll:

You could always try using their app to sign in automatically.

Perhaps it will work more reliably than the website?

You could always try using their app to sign in automatically.

Perhaps it will work more reliably than the website?

That's what I use a quick log in with Email (Google throw away in my case and a password )

I have not been refused yet

Once you log in it does take you back to the landing page, but it normally shows that you're logged in by showing your name rather than "get online".

Update

I have tried 3 different venues that offer free WiFi via The Cloud but same problem.

Have just sent an email (using the public library) to Sky off their 'The Cloud' webite FAQ Support raising the query. Failing that there is an 0845 number on their website if I get no response from the email.

:confused:

Have you tried using a different browser, Dolphin Browser is a good app :)