Bus 76 from Lowedges unreliable?

Hi everyone

I've recently moved to Greenhill and now need to go Mon to Fri to the city centre to work. I tried the 76 service as it was the nearest bus route for me but it had never been in time! Last Fri it was 10 min late in the morning, today I needed to wait for 35 min and there was no bus at all though they claim it to be each 12 min (which means 2 buses were missing!). When I needed to take a bus from the city centre to Greenhill last Fri, it was 10 min earlier (I saw it passing by the bus stop when I was at the traffic light) and I waited for 40 more min to get on the next one.

Is it always like this and I'd better try to change the route or it is just a temporary problem?

Thanks if you could comment this!

Welcome to Greenhill/Lowedges bus services. the 76 and 53 are rubbish at the best of times, but since they changed to the summer time tables, from every 10 mins to every 12, in reality they are more like every 15-30 mins.

First are a disgrace.

the 76 and 53 are rubbish at the best of times

Thanks for the info! And what about 25/25A and/or 87?

thought sypte were supposed to stop this, or are they chocolate teapots?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hi everyone

I've recently moved to Greenhill and now need to go Mon to Fri to the city centre to work. I tried the 76 service as it was the nearest bus route for me but it had never been in time! Last Fri it was 10 min late in the morning, today I needed to wait for 35 min and there was no bus at all though they claim it to be each 12 min (which means 2 buses were missing!). When I needed to take a bus from the city centre to Greenhill last Fri, it was 10 min earlier (I saw it passing by the bus stop when I was at the traffic light) and I waited for 40 more min to get on the next one.

Is it always like this and I'd better try to change the route or it is just a temporary problem?

Thanks if you could comment this!

First are not a Service you can Trust,they need to Charged or Fined for the Reliability of the Rubbish Bus Service in Sheffield,There no use in Ringing them up an Complaining because they always do nothing to Improve there Service an come out with some Stupid Excuses

I wasn't aware that they ran to any kind of timetable.

Whenever I have to get the bus I stand at the bus stop in plenty of time and hope for the best !

I found the 87 to be more reliable and it's a quicker journey to town as well.

The problem this morning may have been related to the road closure due to a 'police incident' ...... top end (city end) of London road was closed which is the route that 76 takes.

Pretty much everytime I've caught the 76 it's been late.

Once on a Sunday I got to the bus stop in plenty of time for the bus but it did not turn up and I had to wait 40 minutes for another.

get a Citywide ticket, valid on any bus, £17 a week.

get a Citywide ticket, valid on any bus, £17 a week.

how about the bus's run to whats on the timetable??

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I remember when the no.76 used to leave the terminus (outside Grennel Mower) at Lowedges 4 minutes past, 24 minutes past and 44 minutes past the hour. Always on time. Numbers 42 & 53 other side of the shops always on time. Then there was the number 75 on Greenhill Parkway that had come up from Bradway. All punctual and all buses were busy. Where did it go wrong?

I use the 76 bus from London Rd to Meadowhall a few times a week for work and although it does take pretty long to get there, the service itself is pretty reliable. It's every 10mins during peak hours and every half hour before 8am and and 6pm I think.