Who pays for the pets

And some of the attitudes on here go a long way to explaining why so many animals are ending up in rescues or being pts. When you take on an animal, it is for life. If times are tough, cut back on cigs and booze and junk food, don't just 'get rid' of an animal that has given you unconditional love since the day you brought it home.

As people have already mentioned, there are services available to people on low incomes to help with vet bills, and it doesn't need to cost a fortune to feed a pet (and feed it well).

Animals are not just a possession. They are living, breathing, sentient beings that deserve love and loyalty.

And some of the attitudes on here go a long way to explaining why so many animals are ending up in rescues or being pts. When you take on an animal, it is for life. If times are tough, cut back on cigs and booze and junk food, don't just 'get rid' of an animal that has given you unconditional love since the day you brought it home.

As people have already mentioned, there are services available to people on low incomes to help with vet bills, and it doesn't need to cost a fortune to feed a pet (and feed it well).

Animals are not just a possession. They are living, breathing, sentient beings that deserve love and loyalty.

So very true.

The government gives you enough just to get by. Pets are a luxury.

I dont think that people on benefits should have children.

There was a guy on the BBC program the other night that had worked 2 weeks in 20 years and in that time he had 3 kids. So his excuse was that he was a full time Dad.

How do you make that out, I'm up at 5 in the morning to walk our buggers in all weathers. You have a funny idea of luxury sir!

So have you got MORE pets since youve become ill?

Why is how I spend my income any of your business?

So have you got MORE pets since youve become ill?

medusa does great work. She uses her income to help pick up the pieces left over by irresponsible and heartless individuals, and give animals a better life.

A fantastic and worthy use of income :)

I've not suggested anything. Just stating what is.

One cannot just go out and "get a job". It's not a product to be picked up. It's something that can be laboured for, and still be fruitless - or be taken half-arsed and found easily. "Get a job" is a glib comment to make.

Okay. :)

All this aside, my point still stands. Forcing people on benefits to give up their pets is tyrannical. It's up to them what they spend their money on.

So you dont work then?

Fair enough if you are. Have you tried getting a job recently?

If this starts to descend into personal attacks it will be closed.

People on benefits eh, lets just rid the world of them would that make you happy.

And they call me far right !!!

How do you make that out, I'm up at 5 in the morning to walk our buggers in all weathers. You have a funny idea of luxury sir!

Pets are a luxury like children should be.

Hopefully children will live a little longer but its a long term commitment which costs thousands of pounds.

Dog food aint cheap.

Now if you want to go without to keep a pet then fine but if you have children & you can keep a pet then you either are not spending all you can on your kids or your getting too much money.

Edited by Clown Shoes

People on benefits eh, lets just rid the world of them would that make you happy.

And they call me far right !!!

I don't think it's anything personal, after all, Sheffield is a friendly place (I read that somewhere) they only want people that have very little to have even less.

---------- Post added 05-08-2013 at 22:48 ----------

Get rid of them then!

Explain how they're a luxury first.

How come people who are on benefits can have a menagerie of pets. Do they get extra payments for this. Also the street beggars all seem to have a dog for company.:confused:

Stop trolling. Get a life.:loopy:

---------- Post added 05-08-2013 at 22:52 ----------

The problem with threads like these, is that they lack detail. I am on benefits, I have just received a letter telling me that I will be getting another £2,350 in back-dated tax credits.

Don't tell these numptys how much you get, you'll get death threats.:hihi:

Execute the elderly, put down the animals, send the children to work up chimneys, and send all the rest to the work house breaking rocks!

.....Happy now....?