XP spreadsheet advice req please.

I cannot get zero (0) to display after the decimal point if the “0” is the last digit.

For example:

If I enter 200.01 that is how it appears

If I enter 200.10 it will appear as 200.1

If I enter 200.00 it will appear as 200

I know that 200 is the same amount as 200.00 of course, but is there a way in “options” to get the 0 to appear in the cell?

Change the format to currency.

Still not working Alky??

Which spreadshhet program / version are you using?

Change the number of significant figures to 2. You currently have it set to 1.

Which spreadshhet program / version are you using?

Microsoft works spreadsheet. How do I identify the version?

Change the number of significant figures to 2. You currently have it set to 1.

How do I change the significant figures? Do you mean the default number of decimal places?

Microsoft works spreadsheet. How do I identify the version?

Shouldn't matter too much - it would if you were using Excel as 2003 is significantly different to it's predecessors.

Anyway - have a look here - it's a tutorial about number formatting - you want the "Number" cell format, with 2 decimal places selected.

I already have it set up that way but it still does not appear if 0 is the last digit. I don`t feel now that it is anything to do with the amount of decimal places as it displays with all digits 1 to 9 for example.

Hi. I have not got works but in Exel if you set the format to currancy or number and the decimal places to three it should show the zero.

Fingers crossed for you.

It is easy enough to change decimal places, but the zero figure on the spreadsheet does not appear if it is the last digit.

If the entered figure was 100.01 all 5 digits would appear. But, if the figure was 100.10 only four digits would display because zero is the last digit. (If 100.01 appears like it does in this example, then two decimal places are being recognised).

Can you confirm you have selected the "Number" cell format, not the "General" cell format - in Excel the "General" format acts as you describe, but the "Number" format allows trailing zeros to appear.