Does anyone remember Randall street off London Road

Hi only_me

The junk shop was at the bottom of the section of Harwood Street where it met Hill Street, opposite the Harwood Hotel pub (Chalie Ellin's).

Leipzig

Thanks for that, i remember the bloke who owned it having a commer van outside at the time.

Hi only_me

I remember the owner of the junk shop had "don't park here" or something similar roughly painted on his shop wall outside. Hardly anyone around there at that time had a car, but I think it was so he had access to the junk yard when there was a match on at Bramall Lane.

Leipzig

my aunt + uncle lived in randall st. years ago untill it was changed.

they were called alice + harry smith and had a daughter jean and a son who went by the name of young harry he was well known in the pubs there. does anyone remember them ? the smith family originally was born in thorpe rd and some lived there till it was changed.

Hi there Fairywings, I spotted this post and had to respond. I've sent you a personal message, hope you get it.

Bill & Annie Stevenson lived at 22 I remember, with their son's Alan and Les. a lovely family !

I used to live in Bennet st and went the the church school on Alderson rd

ccc was at the bottom before ccc it was a foundrey

i was born in randall street (No 9 )lived there from 1943 until 1972 mum continued to live there until compulsory notice to buy by council and then had to move