Tom Ellis

I am pleased to learn that former High Storrs Comprehensive pupil, Tom Ellis, has made a prominent breakthrough in his acting career. Tom has appeared on terrestrial television before but has now landed a major part as a doctor in the 'Eastenders' soap - which although not on my viewing agenda - must be big time!

Tom's real-life girlfriend is Tamzin Outhwaite - I read, a fellow actress in the Walford-cast.

Not sure if Tom was born in Sheffield as his father's work, as minister at the Cemetery Baptist Church may have brought him to the city but he played in the school cricket team, run by my best mate, and we'd like to wish him well in his new role.

I'm sure that we all wish well to anyone with some Sheffield connection.

I've just been watching an American TV show called Lucifer on cable TV here in Tokyo and was surprised to find that Tom Ellis, who plays the title role, has a Sheffield connection.Does anyone know how long he lived here?

If you Google ......   Tom Ellis  you can read up about him.