What dvd program to use ,,,fed up

hi im really struggling in simply copying my own dvds or just ripping them , ive got nero , power2dvd , windows dvd maker , and i struggle to use them all , as soon as i put a film onto it it loads it onto the disc and then doesnt play , i finnally get the film i want on but it takes about 5 of my blank dvds,,,

i could do with a very simple program that does the lot , on my nero there isnt vision? not sure what version it is maybe 9

sly soft anydvd is great but isn't free. Convert x to dvd if you all ready have a AVI,MP4 file. DVD shrink excellent for making copy's and is free.

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 15:56 ----------

link to DVD Shrink

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

forgot about that one. only really used sly soft anydvd as my wife thinks its clever to buy region locked dvds of ebay. :hihi:

DVD Shrink and Handbrake is all you'll ever need if all you want to do is copy and rip DVDs. I've been using both converting my silver disc library to mp4 and only had 2 or 3 discs out of 400 odd so far that wouldn't rip.

forgot about that one. only really used sly soft anydvd as my wife thinks its clever to buy region locked dvds of ebay. :hihi:

A elderly friend (and before anyone says owt I do have at least 2 friends :hihi::hihi:) brought a load back from USA not knowing about Region locking and was unable to play them (of course)

After doing a search I came across DVD Decriptor (now defunct) to remove lock and DVDShrink to make ISO's

Now when he goes to States to visit families he himself 80 year old converts and burns them himself using DVDShrink a easy prog

I use DVDFAB for creating my backups

how do i use dvd shrink properly , sorry for the dumb questions but ive put a clint eastwood film in to copy i found the details of my disc and pressed "full disc" then i got a little picture of the film playing really fast then all the details came up , then i encoded it which took 60 mins or more then the vob files it had made i dragged them to nero and burned , the disc still wouldnt play well on my dvd it was very jerky and hit n miss , have i done it wrong

also the picture had shrunk inwards?

how do i use dvd shrink properly , sorry for the dumb questions but ive put a clint eastwood film in to copy i found the details of my disc and pressed "full disc" then i got a little picture of the film playing really fast then all the details came up , then i encoded it which took 60 mins or more then the vob files it had made i dragged them to nero and burned , the disc still wouldnt play well on my dvd it was very jerky and hit n miss , have i done it wrong

also the picture had shrunk inwards?

A tutorial and a

video step by step old but still pertinent

If you are still having problems drop me a pm and depending on where you live (I live in Stannington if you live a fair bit away I would have to charge a bit for fuel (£5 usually)) I could drop over and show you how to use it TBH it should only take about 15min to do from start to finish not 60+

Also you don't drag and drop to nero that I believe makes a data dvd

Like the youtube video I use imgburn

Edited by Paul Blade

Use Freemake. It's free software, can rip dvd to any format, or just copy to another dvd. simples and easy interface

I use handbrake to rip dvd's and convertxtodvd to burn them. Never had a problem. If you live near S21, drop in for a coffee and have a look.

DVD shrink is great, even after it has been discontinued; still works fine.